Sudden new problems!

Dougie

I've been working with Videopad versions (presently 3.04 which I just started using) for the last few months without problems. Then suddenly tonight, most of what I render to movies is pixelated and Windows Media Player won't play half of them (especially mpg files). Nothing has changed on my computer (no new software or setups), and while using Videopad, it seems to work like always.

So I'm wondering if perhaps one or more of my codecs has bitten the dust!? Any ideas? Could it be a problem with 3.04 (it being a beta of course)?

And while I'm asking this, are there other (better?) codecs people are using, rather then the ones that come with the program? Thanks!

I had an earlier K-Lite pack but I went ahead and downloaded the new one. After spending half an hour getting rid of all the extra stuff that came with it (even though I didn't check any of it duiring the download), most of the problems cleared up! However, I still can't play mp4 files. Not even mp4 files made on Videopad. Never had that problem before. Any other ideas?