Deal breaker in purchase

Octavianpony

Is it possable to have multiple videos spliced together with multiple screens in one video? I think I saw that being mentioned. I want to be sure before I spend the money but I would like to get it in time for the low price deal. Also is there an instruction manual or some sort of tutorial I could use to learn how to make videos. Thanks

Is it possible to have multiple videos spliced together with multiple screens in one video?

Are you referring to split or quad-split screens?

I want to be sure before I spend the money but I would like to get it in time for the low price deal.

Before you plunk down bucks give the trial version a run. After it "expires" it is fully functional but for loss of some output formats. 3.x is in need of refinement in several areas; that's allegedly in the works.

When/if you get the expiration notice, open Control Panel|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES and double-click Videopad, to uninstall. You should be offered a downgrade to the FREE version.

Later, if you're sold on VP, purchase it. Editors of this class are often "on sale."

Also is there an instruction manual or some sort of tutorial I could use to learn how to make videos.

Not really. The HELP file is weak. However, there are a few

on the Net. Be sure that you are viewing 3.0x tutorials, unless you prefer the older 2.41 version (Google for it), which has fewer features.

Hi

"Is it possable to have multiple videos spliced together with multiple screens in one video?"

You can certainly do something like this in version 2.41 and probably also in v3.0x however, I would have to load that version to check but I am pretty certain it's possible in a similar way as in to 2.41.

In v2.41 you add supplementary video clips (no need to splice) to the overlay track, alter their size and position, put them end to end or overlap them, fade them in/out (no control over the fade though); alter opacity and scroll them in different directions. In version 3.0x you additionally use motion effects to zoom and rotate the overlays as well as have more control over the effects.

Nat

I am talking about how you would have like four windows in one screen. Like if I recorded my self I three times I would see myself in three different places in the finished video. Is this possable?

I am talking about how you would have like four windows in one screen. Like if I recorded my self I three times I would see myself in three different places in the finished video.

Yes, possible ... with judicious usage of overlays and positioning.

HI

Borate is right....in V3.04.....

Load your 4 clips to the Media list.

Drag your first clip to video track 2 and click the yellow star.

Set the scale % to 0.5

Set Position x% to -25

Set position y% to -25

Drag your second clip to video track 3 and click the yellow star

Set the scale% to 0.5

Set Position x% to 25

Set Position y% to -25

Drag your third clip to video track 4

Set the scale% to 0.5

Set Position x% to 25

Set Position y% to 25

Drag your fourth clip to Video track 5

Set scale%% to 0.5

Set Position x% to -25

Set Position y% to 25

You will now have 4 clips playing simultaneously on the screen...one in each corner. If you want them to move to reveal others behind you could add more clips to further video tracks and use the motion effect to make any of them move/rotate or you could change their opacity to make them fade away......even make them fade in/out in turn... :) Note that all the sound tracks will also play so you may want to mute these.

Hope this helps

Nat