Preview pane problems in 3.02

flier4

In version 2.4 you could move a clip to the timeline using the green down arrow. The preview pane would remain intact waiting for more cllips to be moved to the timeline. (you had to select "toggle media list styles to make it work) In version 3.02 you cannot keep the preview. After moving a clip with the green arrow the preview goes away and you need to again select the file and then expand the green line with the + box until the file is ready to make edits. Is there a way to change 3.02 to work like 2.4?

After moving a clip with the green arrow the preview goes away and you need to again select the file and then expand the green line with the + box until the file is ready to make edits. Is there a way to change 3.02 to work like 2.4?

The PV does indeed go away, but clicking on the clip brings it back - with the last IN/OUT marks intact - ready for new INS and OUTS. It is unclear what you mean by the need to "expand the green line with the + box."

I wasn't very clear about the expanding the green line. I will try again. In the preview window your file is shown in its entirity. If it is a file bigger than a few minutes it is hard to scroll through the preview to see what you want to keep for the timeline. There is a + and - radio key next to the duplicate button on the lower right of the pane. Hitting the + key moves the green bar smaller and smaller until you get where you can scroll easily through the preview. In version 2.4 the preview does not dissappear when you send the clip to the timeline with the green arrow and you can continue editing with the preview zoomed into the easy to scroll condition. With 3.02 the preview goes away and you need to select the file again but the preview bar is fully expanded. You need to keep hitting the + key to get it back to a usable level. That is time consuming and a real pain. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry for the long explanation but I don't know all the terms to make myself clear.

With 3.02 the preview goes away and you need to select the file again but the preview bar is fully expanded. You need to keep hitting the + key to get it back to a usable level.

I think you mean the zoom level of the preview timeline is reset to show the entire duration when the clip is deselected then reselected.

I'd use Help -> Send Improvement Suggestion or Feedback and suggest that the clip should stay selected when it's added to the sequence.