VideoPad vs. VSDC

seashell

Discovered this other video editing software called VSDC as a result of a kind suggestion on this forum.

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

However, I am not sure if I am comfortable installing this VSDC program as they install a program called "Conduit" that apparently frustrates many users.

VSDC looks really powerful and simply curious why a particular company (who builds such an amazing video-editor) would bundle it with "Conduit" ? Conduit is very subjective as to whether it is a virus or just a passive software tracker.

Does anyone know if VSDC will continue to install "Conduit" if I UN-CHECK the toolbar boxes during the install process? I really don't want to have to go through the painful process of searching how to thoroughly delete "Conduit" if it does install to my system.

Found these links below in regards to "Conduit".

Removing "Conduit" from Internet Explorer

http://forum.precisesecurity.com/computer-security/remove-conduit-search-engine-from-my-ie

Removing "Conduit" from "Firefox"

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=641296&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I may go back to VideoPad version 2.41 as that version had less issues. I also like the community forum on VideoPad. VSDC does not offer a support forum.

Hi

You can load this software without any extras, just Save it to a pre-prepared folder and then open it to the same folder. Read every step and don't load any other things offered. At one point there seems to only be an accept button. "Skip" is top right..sneaky.

However, I have to say, having just given it a cursory look, that this program is not as intuative as Videopad which you can pretty well use almost without reading anything, and I have spent some time trying to create even a short clip! No success and I'm still stumped. If in doubt I shall read the instructions.but haven't found them yet either :)

In VP you can see everything on the same screen just about, with this program there seems to be numerous screens...

Nat

>>>Read every step and don't load any other things offered.

Yes I too made certain that I UN-Checked all additional software offers during the install.

>>>At one point there seems to only be an accept button. "Skip" is top right..sneaky.

Now that I missed! Never noticed it! I'll have to be more careful next time. Thanks for noticing that!

>>>No success and I'm still stumped. If in doubt I shall read the instructions.but haven't found them yet either

Same here. Spent awhile with the program yesterday and basically got nowhere. As far as a user-manual, you won't find it. I searched and searched but came up with nothing. I like the interface and began to become familiar with some tasks but as far as completing a video, well.... I just didn't get that far.. Hopefully VSDC will expand on their concept and provide support. I haven't given up on this software yet. Just need to find the time to work with it.

In the meantime, yes, I too went back to VideoPad ver. 2.41 and was able to "get some work done! Support, support, support. That's what it's all about!

Hi

I finally managed to add two clips together (MPEG4) and play them. By dint of much experimentation due to the total lack of instructions. A single simple scene with two objects. Unwatchable...

The sound ran in blocks and so did the visuals. Might be my system... Haven't tried MPEG2 yet...can't remember how I found the Load scenes option!

Stick with VP.

Nat