The WORST Technical Support Ever ????

gibson23

Not sure which is worse - the new version of VideoPad, or the fact there is no "real" way to get anything done with Technical Support.

I understand in this new age we live in that Phone Support is a thing of the past - but how the heck do you explain the MULTIPLE problems with this new version, yet (after nearly a month) - NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL has been correct?

And anytime you send them a question/issue, you get a "we're working on it" or "we'll check into it" response.

Lastly - HOW THE HELL does a company THAT IS CHARGING YOU TO PURCHASE an item release an item as completely screwed up as 3.02? I mean, I could understand if we were talking about something simple like the program periodically has an audio problem or something - but to release something as totally unusable (because of the "building preview" problem and slowness) - and then say "hey forum - test it out and let us know" - how do you release something THAT screwed up and not notice it before it gets out the door.

My Vote for the worst tech support ever.

"Of Course that's just my opinion - I could be wrong"

-- Dennis Miller

In a way, I agree with you. However, due to the kind assistance of the members here, I have been able to collect workarounds that get me past most (not all) of the problems with the 3.x versions. Where I agree with you is how NCH, or any other company for that matter has the nerve to sell a product that only functions as offered by using workarounds! I guess most of us here suspect that they never will correct it.

One member here apparently has spoken with them and they apparently told him that they are going to release a new version with these problems fixed. I for one am glad that he was able to speak to them and report back to use. Kudos to him for even reaching them, but why are we hearing that from him instead of NCH themselves?

I agree with you. I think the main point is HOW can they release a product so obviously untested, and WHY must we rely on the kind people of this group to correct the problems that their tech support SHOULD be doing (though often times the do not even acknowledge the problem).

• 3 weeks later...

Now more than a month since they released this disaster of a product. Never once has anyone from NCH, management, developers, and/or support acknowledged in writing and/or on this forum that there is a major problem with the building preview feature and rendering output. The hear-say response from the one member means absolutely nothing.

To continue promoting and selling this product is a travesty. Not sure what options we have as consumers, but intend to contact consumer advocate organizations to learn more...

RJ

Never once has anyone from NCH, management, developers, and/or support acknowledged in writing and/or on this forum that there is a major problem with the building preview feature and rendering output.

That's not truly the case, though rarely do NCH reps comment here. In the other thread where you address essentially the same issue NCH checked in with the following on April 4...

"I can confirm that the bad transitions bug and "Building Preview" problem will be fixed soon (probably the next Win-EN release). You can also look forward to reduced memory usage and faster rendering of video."

At no cost, VP is a bargain. No watermark, and virtually all of the licensed features intact. If you paid for a license and find it unsatisfactory, then requesting a refund might be the best route to end frustration.

As you likely know, there are many competitors in the VP price range - some more sophisticated, some less - and each has its bugs.

Anyone even considering purchasing this product MUST read their refund policy!!! It's a joke!!! No Refunds!!! No something I'm going to dwell on, but I'm sure going to warn anyone considering a purchase.

Flat out, the product, in it's current state is not usable for me. It was, in the previous versions, which I used the free version. Purchased the product because I wanted to incorporate transitions and other features not available in the free version.

Noone stated that they were a representative of NCH when he/she made those comments.

RJ