3.02 fails to make a DVD

Nationalsolo

Hi

Following on with trying out 3.02. I have just made a quick test movie (5 mins) of 20 or so short MPEG4 clips. It was just to compare 3.02 to version 2.41 (which works OK on my system.)

I have to say I didn't notice an excessive delays as previews were created (green bar progress) but this seems to be because I was adding each clip one at a time to the end of the sequence and dealt with each clip one at a time, and each was quite short. If I added a huge clip from another source then it was another story. Big clips take an age.

I tried to save the test project to DVD (I normally make an .avi and save with another program)

It rendered the sequence apparently OK, taking about 10 mins but then it started writing to disc..and never stopped!

After 30 mins I eventually stopped it, whereupon VP aborted the procedure and promptly crashed due to an abnormal exception. Anybody else found this??

I think they need to look at it.

Nat

I tried to save the test project to DVD (I normally make an .avi and save with another program)

It rendered the sequence apparently OK, taking about 10 mins but then it started writing to disc..and never stopped!

After 30 mins I eventually stopped it, whereupon VP aborted the procedure and promptly crashed due to an abnormal exception. Anybody else found this??

I think they need to look at it.

Indeed. I have seen the same error here - "abnormal exception." Win 7. 3.02.

Or it may fails with "unable to create disk - unknown SCSI access error." (There's no SCSI device on this PC.)

Hi

Later....

As the disc I used was an RW disc it wasn't thrown away. VP had put up the message that it had failed to create the DVD and crashed when the "Writing to the disc" process was stopped (after 30 mins), Consequentaly I was under the impression that nothing had, in fact been recorded.

However, the test video HAD ACTUALLY BEEN REGISTERD as I found out later when I explored the files on the disc. Moreover, the video itself played fully with no problems.

So is there a bug here?....Why had VP failed to stop the "Writing to disc" step once the data had been burned? And why did it put up the "Failed to make a DVD" message before crashing due to an abnormal exception when the "Abort" button was clicked.

Nat