can I combine sequences?

sowy123

Hi

If you intend to use short sequences to create your final movie (instead of creating a complete project from all of your clips) then you will need to save each sequence as a separate avi to your PC (or data disc).

Creating a separate project from each sequence won't be of any use to you (unless you want to re-edit one of the sequences) as multiple projects per se can't be loaded to VP to create a "super project".

So, once you have finished the sequences and saved them in this way you simply treat each of them as a clip with which to make your complete film.

Just create a new project and load the avis into the media list. Now add them to the sequence track in the order you require and create your movie.

Nat

You have to use button "save video" for each sequence because that timeline is for your final movie...

But here's how I have to do it....

Add file (video)

Click on imported video once...it gets loaded to clip preview window.

Okay, you will be selecting clips of the video that you want to add to final movie...

Click on timeline part of clip preview window at its beginning of the portion of video you want to keep.

Then click red set in point button.

Then go back to clip preview windows timeline and click at end of video segment your keeping.

Click blue set out point button.

Then click green "add clip to sequence"

For more parts of the same imported video....

left click on a part of the Videopad program that will leave the clip preview window blank...it will say "no clip selected"

ignore sequence preview window

when clicking be sure not to hightlight bottom sequence video track, this will cause it not to clear clip preview window

then start again...

click on imported video once...

select beginning of next clip...etc.etc.

green button will change to say add clip to beginning or end of final sequence....

Once your clips are all in bottom sequence window you can highlight each clip and move them around to order them.

Sometimes it placed clip where I couldn't see them in bottom sequence window until I scrolled it.