ES 5.01 --> Text-To-Speech function is broken

apcloic

Hi,

I would like to use the speech-to-text feature of Express Scribe, i've never been able to make it work...since I give a try with an old version of ES (4.01) and then suddenly it starts to do the job. :lol:

Here's what works and what doesn't work, all tests have been made with the same Dragon User Profile and the same dictation file.

Windows 7 / Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 / Express Scribe 5.01 --> natspeak.exe process starts and then stop after 30 sec., nothing is pasted in notes :(

Windows 7 / Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.51 (XP SP3 compatibility mode) / Express Scribe 5.01 --> natspeak.exe process starts, nothing in notes :(

Windows XP SP3 (vmware / Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.51 / Express Scribe 5.01 --> natspeak.exe process starts, nothing pasted in notes :(

Windows XP SP3 (vmware) / Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.51 / Express Scribe 4.01 (can't find a version 4.37) --> Works perfectly...but no Express Delegate Integration :)

I would like to test with version 4.37 but I can't find it.

I'm not sure if someone from NCH read the posts but if so, please could you fix this issue.

Best regards.

Thank you for those detailed results. We'll try to reproduce the problem here.

Another test :

Windows 7 / Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.51 / Express Scribe 4.36 (found on a Chinese Website) --> Works great + I am able to use Express Delegate with this version ;)

Best Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

So, did you reproduce the problem ?

We've found a couple of problems in speech-to-text. The one that's causing your problems is probably due to a hard-coded time-out that's triggered when the speech-to-text processing takes too long. What's the duration of the audio file that you're loading?

Strange that your problem happened after only 30 seconds of processing though, because the time-out should be after one minute.

Is there any update to correct this issue ?

We're working on it.

Is there any update to correct this issue ?

Express Scribe v5.03, which should fix the above issue, has just gone into beta testing.

If you want to participate in beta testing, you can download the installer from http://www.nchsoftwa...beta/index.html.

Be sure to read the important disclaimer at the top of the page first, then scroll down to "Express Scribe v 5.03 for Windows".

• 1 year later...