Dial Dictate with Wholesale VOIP Provider

tushar

I am trying to use Dial-Dictate with a wholesale VOIP provider.

The wholesale voip provider has given me their ip address & bound my servers ip to the account. They do not require any other registration info (they dont even require registration).

Besides it they have given me the toll-free number that I would use to make inbound calls. The glitch is that it doesnt work. I am able to make outbound calls but inbound calls dont go anywhere (i get a "check the number you have dialed" message)

I checked with the voip provider and they said that they see everything is setup properly on their side and that I should contact the software vendor. any one here know what i am doing wrong?

I would appreciate your help! Txs

T

Wholesale VOIP providers are set up to connect with many differrent types of VOIP hardware and software, which is customizable by the end user. DialDictate is specifically set up for connecting to preconfigured SIP connections. The end-user is not able to configure DD to "talk" to these wholesale providers.

You must choose from the list of recommended VOIP providers on the NCH site. I have also tested and used Vonage softphones very successfully with DialDictate.

• 1 year later...

You must choose from the list of recommended VOIP providers on the NCH site. I have also tested and used Vonage softphones very successfully with DialDictate.

I trusted the list on the NCH site and went with BBP Global - it's been a disaster. The sound quality is frequently so poor that I can hardly understand the dictation. My authors keep hearing nothing but silence when they dial in and BBP tries to tell me that it's a problem at my end, but don't explain why I get exactly the same result if I dial their own support numbers (which they've removed from the site since I pointed out what was happening). This used to happen once every couple of months, now it's three times in four days. I emailed NCH and said that they should remove BBP from their recommended list and have heard nothing back from them. I'm about to look for another VOIP provider and will let you know how I go.

Oh the joy! I've switched to TrueVoip, an Australian company, who spent hours making DialDictate work with their service, and now I have reliable, clear dictation lines for the first time in two years.

Do everything you can to avoid BBP Global - their attitude every single time I've had a line outage has been that there must be a problem at my end (even though, coincidentally, all their lines go out at the same time), and not once have they made any suggestion as to what this problem might be or how to fix it.

I can't recommend TrueVoip highly enough - such amazing service and a terrific product - unbeatable combination.