Working with FTP server

apcloic

Hi,

Ok, here's the problem : i need my two typists to get all the dictations from our 3 speakers.

So, if we are using express delegate and if my typists are using the same ID --> they receive all the dictations, but once a dictations is dispatched (finished), it is not removed from the second typist's list whenever she perform a new sync. So typist 2 is not informed of which dictation she has to transcibe.

Now, if we are using a FTP server and if typists are using the same username and folder --> the first typist that do a sync receive all the dictations and Express scribe remove the dictations from the server, so there is nothing left for the second typist...

So, how about an option in Express Scribe to remove dictations on server side only when the dictations are marked as done ?

Thanks for your help.

byye

Ok, here's the problem : i need my two typists to get all the dictations from our 3 speakers.

So, if we are using express delegate and if my typists are using the same ID --> they receive all the dictations, but once a dictations is dispatched (finished), it is not removed from the second typist's list whenever she perform a new sync. So typist 2 is not informed of which dictation she has to transcibe.

Why do you need to assign the same dictations to both typists? If it's a work-around for Express Delegate assigning dictations to typists who aren't ready then I suggest you take a look at the new version of Express Delegate that was released yesterday (v 4.01). The method of assigning dictations to typists has been tweaked so that dictations are no longer assigned to typists until they "ask" for one (eg. when Syncing in Scribe).

Assuming you only need one transcript for each dictation then you can use one account per typist, add them to the same typing pool, and create a rule to assign any incoming dictations to that typing pool. Then let Delegate divide the work up between the two typists automatically. Or do your typists have special criteria for deciding who types which dictation?

Now, if we are using a FTP server and if typists are using the same username and folder --> the first typist that do a sync receive all the dictations and Express scribe remove the dictations from the server, so there is nothing left for the second typist...

So, how about an option in Express Scribe to remove dictations on server side only when the dictations are marked as done ?

You could set the "Manual, one at a time" option for the "Loading Mode" in the Incoming properties dialog, then typists would only get one new dictation whenever they manually Sync. The Express Delegate solution is more elegant though.

Why do you need to assign the same dictations to both typists? If it's a work-around for Express Delegate assigning dictations to typists who aren't ready then I suggest you take a look at the new version of Express Delegate that was released yesterday (v 4.01). The method of assigning dictations to typists has been tweaked so that dictations are no longer assigned to typists until they "ask" for one (eg. when Syncing in Scribe).

Assuming you only need one transcript for each dictation then you can use one account per typist, add them to the same typing pool, and create a rule to assign any incoming dictations to that typing pool. Then let Delegate divide the work up between the two typists automatically. Or do your typists have special criteria for deciding who types which dictation?

Great news about Express Delegate new release !!!

In fact, your suggestion on how to make it works is almost perfect for us except one thing : my two typists would like to know the amount of work they have for the day. In order to do this, I could gave them a link to express delegate url (http://ip:port/list-all-dictation) to see how many dictations is still pending.

So they will have two windows :

- one with express scribe to download dictations from express delegate, one at a time.

- another one to express delegate's web url to check how many dictations are on server side (they will have to refresh the page to update the list)

It's quite good, but I know they gonna tell me that it's a little boring to deal with two windows instead of managing all the dictations in express scribe.

The best way for us : being able to see within express scribe all the dictations pending on server and select which one they want to download by double-clicking (for example, according to priority)

Anyway, i'm gonna configure the new express delegate like you suggest, it's much better than before.

Thank you very much for your help and tips.

byye, loic ;)