USB foot pedal not recognized

raghavendra

Hi,

I have a new usb foot pedal and windows xp. The foot pedal worked fine for a week and now as sonn as as boot my computer, i get an error message "one of the usb devices is not recognized". As soonas i open express scribe, i get an error msg no foot pedal installed or something of that sought. When i change the setting to com 3, it asks me to press the rewind button on the foot pedal and even when i press it, nothing happens. My usb ports(2.0) works fine. In device manager, ther are no red exclamation marks. there are no pedal drivers given. Please help. I have lot of pending work to do. I have invested a lot of money on it

Smiley- Try plugging into a different USB port- uninstall and reinstall express scribe. That usually fixes the said issue.

Raghav- Are you running yours through a DB9 adapter to USB? Note that if you are running any serial port through an adapter NCH doesn't officially support that setup. It's almost a crap shoot as some adapters tend to work, some don't. If you are not using an adapter at all, I would suggest that you too, should uninstall Express Scribe and then reinstall it.

• 8 months later...
Smiley- Try plugging into a different USB port- uninstall and reinstall express scribe. That usually fixes the said issue.

Raghav- Are you running yours through a DB9 adapter to USB? Note that if you are running any serial port through an adapter NCH doesn't officially support that setup. It's almost a crap shoot as some adapters tend to work, some don't. If you are not using an adapter at all, I would suggest that you too, should uninstall Express Scribe and then reinstall it.

Try to Change the port to VEC infinity USB pedals instead of COM3

I am having the same problems as so many others. I have uninstalled and installed the Express Scribe software several times to no avail. My USB foot pedal is not recognized. I know there is nothing wrong with the pedal itself because it is working fine in another program. Can someone please walk me through setting up this pedal?