CPU/processor very busy

meent

I have Axon with a win2k and win2k3 server. When I start Axon the CPU usage is low (normal). After the first call between two extensions the CPU usage goes to 90-96% and stay always on this percentages. When I close the Axon application the CPU is going low. I check the CPU with (ctrl-alt-del) (Task Manager). Are there more people with the same problem?

After several expreiments it seems the problem is when Express Talk softphone is used. When I connected two external (hardware) SIP phones, the Axon didn't make busy CPU. I suggest you to try some other softphone or the dedicated hardware sip phone.

Well, after two days of use - the same story. Sorry, even with hardware phones - it's not usable.

<_< Big CPU Problem....

To solve the problem, I just reinstall the program, over the old installation.

System Spec:

Server Op: Windows 2003 Ent. Server, with SP1

Ram: 2 GB

Cpu 3.2 Ghz Dual Core (Intel) (( Both cpu go 100%.... ))

Virus prog. Nod32

We are using hardware phones only, Grandstream

We have 10 SIP lines.

Our Internet connection is a 8 mbt xDSL Connection 8 In and 0.9 Out

Christer / Sweden

Reinstall will not work here.

Any other idea`s?

Well, I don't know if this is the solution, but it works with me for two days on W2k3 server and CPU doesn't get crazy till now. I hope I won't be dissapointed again in next days...

It was strange for me having two axon.exe in running processes and 100% CPU usage. So I tried to run axon strictly as a service - unvisible in background - even without any graphical interface or icon in the tray. Perhaps it was the reason, because since then it works.

Try this approach and we'll see...

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem

I've no tried with other softphones, but i've just bought two licenses of expresstalk and expressdial. And i wanna run it with these software.

Altought the CPU on Axon server is working at 100%, axon works fine. I refer that his function is ok, but the trouble is when you wanna use another software with the same computer like VRS recording system. When CPU is overworked, VRS fails.

I suppose NCH will fix this problem in future versions.