Problem Saving Edited mp3 Files

OldyButGoody

I purchased 10.16 wavepad for mac today. When I edit an mp3 file and try to save it in mp3 format, the file will not reopen and I get a message that app can't open the file. Inspecting the file with Finder shows that it has been reduced about 2,000 times its original size. But the files still play in iTunes. Does anyone have similar problems? Wavepad 10.16 running on Mac OSX 10.13.6. Original files were saved with 32 bit app.

Hello, would this issue happen when you work with one particular mp3 file or with any file. Also, could you tell us if you download the program from the App store or from the NCH Software website.  You may also want to contact the NCH Software support team for further assistance on this matter.

Chris75: Have downloaded from both NCH site and Mac App store. Same problem. Can save using .m4a, .wav and .acc. .wav files are huge. .acc files won't open in iTunes. Problem is with .mp3 files. I edited an original mp3 file that was 8.7MB to start with. After editing and saving with save file option, this file was reduced in size from 8.7MB to 4KB and won't open with anything.

FYI, I have been in contact with an Emmanuel, brisksupport@nchsoftware.com, on this matter. [TK-d6do100001-C0D] Pty1 WavePad FAQRequest. I have not heard back from him for several days.

Edited by OldyButGoody
didn't finish what i wanted to say

I have the same problem.

On Catalina 10.15.3 I can edit and save mp3 files with Wavepad 9.51.

When I upgrade to Wavepad 10.16 I can't save any edited mp3 file.

Installed Wavepad 10.16 is downloaded from NCH site, and previously I have uninstalled old version 9.51.

My computer is a Mac mini late 2018 with security chip T2.

JMGM

There is a work around for me. If I'm willing to replace edited mp3 files with m4a files. It involves some extra work but can still have files with the edits and are usable. At least until this is fixed, which I hope will be sooner rather than later.

Actually, I would like to try the 9.51 version if it's available somewhere until 10.16 is fixed.

Edited by OldyButGoody
wanted to say something else

• 3 weeks later...