Take snapshot of sequence

TAC

When trying to take a snapshot of a sequence Videopad jumps to the clip preview and takes a snapshot of the clip preview rather than the sequence preview.  This has happened to me before and by playing around for a while I was able to correct it but I don't know what I did.  Anyone know what specifically corrects this?

Thanks,

TAC

Hey Borate.  Yes, that is what I do but it doesn't capture the sequence, it takes the snapshot of the clip preview. In other words, when you take snapshot of sequence with the sequence showing and selected it jumps back to the clip preview tab and takes a snapshot of the clip preview.

Odd indeed.  Just repeatedly tested v7.22 and all was as it should be.

Under the OPTIONS|DISK menu Clear Unused Cache Files.

Try reinstalling the program or upgrading to a newer version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Just tried v7.51 with the same result on the file with a problem.  I've also tried clearing the cache.  I will keep messing with it and see if I can correct it.  It seems to be a specific file problem.  Thanks.

Upload the project and indicate which sequence snap is causing the issue.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

An alternative would be to capture the image with Windows snip tool, then save it to a file.  Click START, then scroll down to Snipping Tool.

Hi

You should have a vpsetup.exe  (or a vppsetup.exe ) file on your PC for your current version and the code for registering it.

Open 

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

and upload the latest vp version. This will be a vpset.exe file of 2.7 MB.

Simply run this exe file.(no need to enter any code)  It will install over your current version.

Snapshot problem......

It might help going to Options and click Show Dual Previews.  The right hand preview is the Sequence preview, left hand is Clip Preview. Any selected clip is shown on the left, the image being the frame at the clip preview cursor line position.  The right hand pane shows the frame at the timeline cursor position. Consequently both can be different. If you have only one clip on the timeline they MIGHT be the same if you haven't played the sequence.

In the latest versions of VP you can capture either image if you Right Click the relevant screen and select the prompt shown.

If you right click the Sequence preview screen the prompt is......Take Snapshot of Sequence with further options as regards the size.

If you right click the Sequence preview screen the prompt is......Take Snapshot of Clip with further options as regards the size.

Check it out with two different clips on the timeline with the first clip selected. The snapshots come up in the image bin and WILL reflect the cursor position for both previews.

e.g.

aa.jpg

Note this is VP 7.51

Nat

Also, I can add a black background to work around that but if you look at the animation position and capture a shot with it in a certain location this is not captured.  It goes back to the clip preview and captures that.

I can add a black background to work around that but if you look at the animation position and capture a shot with it in a certain location this is not captured.

So it seems.  Not sure that this is a bug, but a report has been filed.  Shows up only on still images;  videos capture fine.

Suggest that you use the Snipping Tool or take a Windows screenshot, open it in a graphics/paint program and crop as needed.