How to trim video to audio

Marakas

Hey! In progress with the first music video in videoPad. Oddly enough, i found nothing on the forum about how you can easily cut a separate audio file into a video file and sync these! So I thought I might open a new topic and ask about it. So ... how do you best align sound and image, as in a music video?

Video on track one.  If it has unwanted audio, mute the audio track by clicking the speaker icon to the left of the audio track.   Or right-click the clip in the sequence and UNlink audio from video, then delete the audio track.

Drag the audio clip to the sequence area that reads:  "drag and drop your audio clips here from the file bins." 

Now you can slide/manipulate the audio track, to sync it with video.  If it snaps back, hold down <alt> while dragging.

Thanks for the reply. I have edited video for many years ago and already have some prior knowledge, so I wondered more if there were simplified shortcuts to synchronize audio and video. I used to put, for example two video files in parallel tracks that I cut between and had the audio (the mixed music) from the music studio in a locked audio track. So tried not to have to sync sound and image more than in the introduction, if you understand how I mean. But I wondered how more experienced editors usually work with this.

Provided all sources - video and audio - were sync-locked when recorded they should stay that way once synchronized at the start in VP.

You might lay down the audio track and lock it (lock symbol at the left), then add video tracks in sync as editing progresses.

As for cutting between video tracks, remember that higher numbered (overlay) tracks take precedence over lower tracks.  Thus, if a portion of track two is split out and deleted, then track one will be seen in that gap.

In the latest version you may find some helpful effects shortcuts under the OPTIONS|SHORTCUTS tab.

Aha thanks! 

1 hour ago, borate said:

1 hour ago, borate said:

In the latest version you may find some helpful effects shortcuts under the OPTIONS|SHORTCUTS tab.

...hm it's just one thing that's irritating me here: that they take mutch charge of updating. Is it worth 49 dollars for a 6 month?

Your licensed copy doesn't expire.  But, if after six months you feel the need to license a new version, then there is a fee.  The latest can be tested without charge.

NCH also offers a subscription, where you pay as you go.  This model is becoming more common.   Don't be shocked if Windows goes that route in the future.^_*

New VP versions are released on a regular basis.  While that shortens the beta period to work out bugs (which are soon addressed), it does provide valuable enhancements.