How to save video file?

studentofdeath

Hi, I created a 20 minute video with music. It plays perfectly in the 'preview', but when I click export or share, I can't get the file to play more than a split second of audio.

I'm new to all of this, so when the options come up on how to save, I'm not sure I'm choosing the correct things - so I just go with whatever is suggested. 

I've saved the file to Google Docs, Flickr, and my desktop, using different settings, but I still can't get the file to play.

I feel like I should know how to solve this, but I've never done this before..

Thank you!

Hello studentofdeath,  when you are exporting the slideshow video, you may want to try exporting to your computer as Video File, select the preset HD1080p and click on Default quality /file size and set the Video Compressor Mpeg4 (Native) and the sound compressor mp3 (native) and sound format at 44100 hz, 192 kbps, stereo and test.

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem, followed your suggestion and got the error, "Run out of memory, please try exporting the video with lower output settings"

How can I  do  this and what should the settings be? Any way to expand the memory so  won't have the problem?

• 6 months later...

Still says run out of memory, cannot save, try lower output, even after I followed all your instructions exactly: 

when you are exporting the slideshow video, you may want to try exporting to your computer as Video File, select the preset HD1080p and click on Default quality /file size and set the Video Compressor Mpeg4 (Native) and the sound compressor mp3 (native) and sound format at 44100 hz, 192 kbps, stereo and test.

Instead HD1080p please use 720p and confirm if it works for you.

Still did not work, get same out of memory message. 

What can I do to save my file?

Can I send you my file? Can you export it for me and send me the link on youtube?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the "run out of memory" problem as well.  I split the slideshow into two parts then rendered them as a mp4.  I then used VideoPad to glue the two mp4 together to create a single file slide show.  I find that about 20 minutes of slideshow seems to be the sweet spot regarding what Photostage can handle.