Text truncated and Video size is small

pmk

Hi,

I am using :

NCH v6.24.

Media Player: Windows Media Player

I added text using "Add Text". When I see on the text editor and sequence preview window(double click), it fits correctly. When I run from the sequence preview window, it displays correctly. But When I export as the video file and played, the text is going beyond the frame and only part of the text is shown. The same result is obtained in Video. I imported video from the files (*.mov and *.mp4). If I run from the sequence preview window (double click), it displays the Video in the full screen and displays the texts and video correctly without any said problem. But When I export as video and Played in Windows Media Player, the size of the video is small. Even if I enabled full-screen mode in Media Player, the size of the Video not shown in full screen.

How can I solve these issues?

Note: How to attach image/video in this forum from my system for supporting my topic?

Any help?

thank you,

First, right-click in the preview window and CHANGE PREVIEW SETTINGS to match the aspect ratio of your project.

Then, while in the text editor, click the VIEW icon (under the preview window) and choose CLIP AND BACKGROUND or SEQUENCE.

You will then see how the text fits with the background video or image and can adjust text line spacing to fit.

For video size, explore EXPORT resolution settings.  Choose one from the many options that most closely matches the res and aspect ratio of your project.

Hi

" Note: How to attach image/video in this forum from my system for supporting my topic? "

Inserting an image into a forum post.

Do a screensave or have a suitable image available to demonstrate your point. (e.g. a jpeg)
    Goto    https://pictr.com/  and click Start Uploading"This will open a File upload window.
    In the File Upload window navigate to your image
    Select the image and click Open.
    Click the green Upload button. Your image will be uploaded to Pictr.com
    When upload is complete scroll down and click Embed codes
    Copy the Image URL. (It also has a Copy option if you hover over the text so click the word Copy that appears )
    Return to the forum and in your post place the cursor where you wish your image to insert.
    Now click Insert other media at the bottom of the post.
    Select Insert image from URL. This opens up a window above your post.
    Paste your Image URL that you copied from Pictr.com followed by Insert into post...
    The image will appear in your post at the position of the cursor.
    Left clicking on the image will allow it to be suitably sized in the body of your post.

Nat

Hi Nationalsolo. Thanks to you for easing my upload task. Really I am frustrated in uploading the image. I cannot able to find " Insert image from URL" pop-up from "Insert Other media" text. But I saw it sometimes before. So, I used the link object to post the image. Let's see whats happenings. 

https://pictr.com/image/0zUM32

Hi borate,

I am little bit confused in understanding your help. My system resolution is 1024 x 600. 

right-click in the preview window and CHANGE PREVIEW SETTINGS to match the aspect ratio of your project.

How & What aspect ratio should I select for full-screen Video? I have tried by selecting various aspect ratio. but no result.

Then, while in the text editor, click the VIEW icon (under the preview window) and choose CLIP AND BACKGROUND or SEQUENCE.

Where is VIEW icon? I can't see anywhere on the window. If you don't mind can you please elaborate more?

thank you for both.

As Nat noted in his post, the INSERT IMAGE feature appears to be missing in VP recent versions.  A report has been filed.

Changing the preview resolution won't affect export, but only what is seen while editing.  Adjust it to closely match the resolution of the clips being edited.

To see the VIEW button, place the text clip on the timeline, then double-click on that clip.

When exporting, first try one of the "auto" modes that are available towards the bottom of the resolution options drop-down menu.  It's the export res that determines the size of the video.

Changing the preview resolution won't

affect export, but only what is seen while editing.

Ok. Fine.

Adjust it to closely match the resolution of the clips being edited.

Again Confusing..

To see the VIEW button, place the text clip on the timeline, then double-click on that clip.

Ok. Done. But when I click the VIEW icon, there is only "Clip Only" selected by default. The other "Clip + Background" and "Sequence" is disabled. How can I enable ? help required.

When exporting, first try one of the "auto" modes that are available towards the bottom of the resolution options drop-down menu.  It's the export res that determines the size of the video.

I am trying "Auto mode" now. Update you soon.

thanks,

pmk

Adjust it to closely match the resolution of the clips being edited.

This isn't mandatory, but it may make your editing easier as the preview window will be about the size of the video being edited.  You can always change it, or restore the default 768x422.

When I click the VIEW icon, there is only "Clip Only" selected by default. The other "Clip + Background" and "Sequence" is disabled.

Text should be on an overlay track - track 2, 3, 4, etc. - with the background clip on a lower numbered track.  Typically, background is on track 1, text on track 2.  Then the VIEW choices should be available.

Hi

The text entry window is wider than the VP frame so if you type 39 characters size 10 they will just fit across the frame

(Can't insert image here due to a forum error )

Note that in the text editor window the line of characters only goes halfway across making you think you can add more. This is not the case with this size font  

If you type more characters they will appear in the editor window but NOT in the video frame unless you start a new line. If you don't start a new line the text will be truncated and no more characters will appear in the video frame even though they are present in the editor. Using larger characters means you will get less on the editor line, smaller letters more on a line. But don't think that the text  EDITOR SCREEN is what you are going to get. Always check with the preview pane. Changing the resolution of the preview in options (keeping the same AR) makes little difference to the preview; perhaps a few pixels at each side  as VP (I think) keeps the same text resolution.

If, on the other hand you export at a different AR then the text will be truncated (cropped) it wont be stretched or shrunk to fit.

e.g. If your VP timeline is 16:9  (1.77) and shows 39 characters at size 10 but you export at 704 x 576 (1.22) The text line will now only hold 27 characters. In both cases the VIDEO beneath the text will remain a full frame but in the smaller AR it will be reduced in size at the correct AR to fit......The text will not!

So always export at the AR you have used during editing. Check it looks OK in the sequence preview pane  and the text should not get truncated

Nat

Thanks to both of you. Now my problem is solved by selecting Aspect Ration in the Preview Window. 

One more issue on Audio. I have removed the already existing audio from the Video by unlinking and delete the old Audio Track and Insert New Audio in that track. When I play it on Preview Window, Audio played until the end of the Video. But When I export, only 1/2  of Audio track is played. Rest is muted. I don't know why?

The length of the Audio is 1.42 min.

The Length of the Video is 1.42 min.

Do I miss something?

Any help?

thank you,

pmk

Something ain't kosher.

Let take a look. Here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu. SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

I have uploaded the image for your ref (FYR).

https://pictr.com/image/0zwEcr

Video Track4 - Simple Overlay Text with "0" opacity

Video Track3 - Simple Overlay Text with "0" opacity

Video Track2 - Blank Clip

Video Track1 - Video

Audio Track1 = Audio

Kindly Note: Audio length has exceeded the Video. So, I have trimmed (reduced from right to left) the Audio Length to stop the Audio immediately when Video Stops.

Any help?

pmk