Text layer antialiasing

HunterEdits

Probably related to all my other videopad quality issues, amiright? Text layers look great in preview and the editor. Rendered, they suddenly look a lot worse. I already tried setting the codec quantizer to 10 (just for testing) and it looks pretty much like this:

PREVIEW

QMpJlXx.png

RENDERED

VkUzPla.png

The bottom is an exact rendered frame of the top preview. Please note the bar on the E. Look at how jagged it is. Or the bottom curve of D, ooh, nasty. I already tried to fix this with effects. Sharpening of course accentuates it. I tried a blur of .04 which gave great results in the editor, that's what you see here in both pictures, but it really doesn't solve the problem as the bottom picture shows.

Help!

Nat: Ok, you can't see so well. I will try again.

PREVIEW:

V4bDecK.png

RENDERED:

vjf9AvL.png

One important point to make also is that the whole image is degraded, not just the text, although the most problematic part of the results are the text layer.

Major:

This was done in 5.2. Of course...here

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/hwh/files/text title.zip

I'm just about positive the same thing happens in 6.1.

Hi HE

"Nat: Ok, you can't see so well. I will try again. "  B)     Ah! that's better!:)

Yup! I can see what you mean. In point of fact your background looks actually sharper. (Check the wall out) It's obviously how the text is rendered as it's an overlay image in VP . Still...I think Borate has it right it's a negligable difference.

Nat

It is in his example.

I was hoping for a setting or a procedure or something besides "it just works" because that gives me nothing to go on. Default renderer. I don't think graphics driver matters.

I'm starting to doubt I'm reasonable, but what I can say is the preview is far more optimistic and I don't see why there should be any discrepancy at high quality levels, let alone the big differences I am experiencing.

I don't believe it's relevant (or it shouldn't be, it's a text overlay) but the source data is 640x480 and I'm rendering it at 1024x768. Same result at 640x480 of course, I just hoped the text would be better and for unrelated reasons I need to upsize the format.

Yes, text overlay will be rendered in output resolution regardless the resolution of the underlying clip. It should loop sharp and smooth if output to 1024x768.

HE can you please try the latest version(v6.21)? I just tried out your project it seems to work fine for me.

Here's the result:

QC0ZdMB.png