Right side of audio disappears when I drop intro clip

Tsjanith

So I was editing a video interview for a client. Said client had a video intro/outro that he wanted me to add at the beginning and end of the video. I thought, "no prob." But as soon as I drop that intro/outro, the right side of the audio from the interview disappears. I tried panning right, and it just goes silent. I tried adding the intro as another track, still the rest of the interview is still left. As soon as I remove the intro, both sides of the audio are back. Soon as I put it back, BAM left side only. 

How in the world does this happen, and how in the world can I prevent this from happening?? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Very odd.

The intro was tacked onto the front of a video clip.  In a second test the clip was added to the intro - with all on the same track.  Then the test was repeated with the intro on the overlay track.  In no case was video clip audio impacted.

Upload your interview, if feasible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K7H8I5jl92Dfur25R8kXjGB2ifnytOjf

Here is the link to the audio for the interview. This is all it takes. I tried with just the audio...right side gets obliterated. As soon as I get rid of the intro in the sequence, the audio snaps back to normal. 

I am literally begging someone to help me figure this out. It's driving me insane as it seems to be an issue unique to me

EDIT: Fixed. Had to export the interview as a stereo file.

Thanks guys!

Yes, the original file had but a single audio channel.  When a file with two channels is inserted into this scenario, the right channel persists.

Apparently, when there's only a one channel audio clip on the time line, VP plays it as 'center-channel' mono - in essence, adding a right channel.

But when a true stereo clip is added to the project, VP switches  to that mode, and the single channel clip becomes just that.