exporting video takes longer than im used to

godzylla

hey, im still pretty new to video pad video editor, while it does have the features i like, and want, it seems that exports take a long time, as far as im used to FAR too long. i did read the export time is tide to resolution on FPS, and this seems to only make half sense. i use the same settings as i did with premiere pro, the program im trying to migrate away from, being: 1920x1080, 60FPS, as an mp4 file, with the compressor being h265. is it because of these settings that the export takes so long? is there something i can do/ adjust to make my export time more reasonable?

thanks in advance.

Hi

Exports are time consuming and a lot depends on the basic computer speed but you can speed up the process to some extent in the export settings windows by trying a different quality setting or changing the format or the fps value.

Example: For a basic 1 minute mpeg 4 video  exported to the PC (Old Vista model) as a 1920 x 1080 H264 60fps video..

With the quality setting to 51 (low quality... Export time was 9 minutes  (Quality not worth watching)

With quality setting at 25 (about middle)....Export time was 16 minutes (Quality OK) (Default value is 18)

With quality setting at 10 (High quality)......Export time was 35 minutes (Good output image)

Changing the fps to 30 export times were shortened by about 1/3

Exporting as an MPEG4 (Native) .avi at 30fps further reduced the export times by about 1/2  using the low quality setting (i.e. The 1 minute video exported in 4 minutes instead of 9 minutes. However in practice you would use a higher quality setting  so export times would be longer. Nevertheless it should give you some idea of the time exporting takes. I think it is fairly linear.

Nat

1 minute ago, borate said:

You may find VP's encoding flexibility to be an advantage, when you become more familiar with it.  Some other programs offer only limited presets.

thats one of the things that drew me to VP after trying it, and seeing what other said about it, is that its super flexible, its just learning curve i didnt expect.