Payment Method help

cyclefast

Hi All

after creating a new invoice then recording with payment I need the option to be able to pay with credit card, at the moment there is just cash or cheque option. Can I add this option to show as default or is there another way.

thanks for any help

dave

Hi All

after creating a new invoice then recording with payment I need the option to be able to pay with credit card, at the moment there is just cash or cheque option. Can I add this option to show as default or is there another way.

thanks for any help

dave

Hi Dave,

If you mean you have Invoiced a customer and received a payment by credit card from that customer then I am not sure how you would process that. On the other hand if you mean you want to purchase something with a credit card from within Express Accounts then you need to create a new Account called Credit card ( a liability account) to show up as an option when you make a payment.

If none of my answers help, maybe try to explain what you are trying to achieve in a different way !!

Cheers

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

QUOTE If you mean you have Invoiced a customer and received a payment by credit card from that customer QUOTE

this is exactly what I mean. There is no option after invoicing a customer to choose payment by credit card.

Example, I send and invoice out to a customer and he or she telephone me to make a credit card payment, I bring up their invoice, choose record with payment there is no option to check pay by credit card. So I dont know how many customers have paid by card. This is important when I want to cross reference my card machine statements with actual invoices. I could be missing a payment on my card machine statement but I would not know who has paid by card.

dave

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

QUOTE If you mean you have Invoiced a customer and received a payment by credit card from that customer QUOTE

this is exactly what I mean. There is no option after invoicing a customer to choose payment by credit card.

Example, I send and invoice out to a customer and he or she telephone me to make a credit card payment, I bring up their invoice, choose record with payment there is no option to check pay by credit card. So I dont know how many customers have paid by card. This is important when I want to cross reference my card machine statements with actual invoices. I could be missing a payment on my card machine statement but I would not know who has paid by card.

dave

Hi Dave,

Going back to your original post you said "at the moment there is just cash or cheque option" I would assume then that you only have a cash account and a cheque account set up. I would suggest you will need to create a new account by going into your "chart of accounts" and clicking NEW. Once you set up an account for a credit card (asset or Liabilty), See if the option is now available when you choose "Record with Payment".

Disclaimer: I don't take payments by credit card, although I purchase items with one and when I go through the process the way you did I have the option to RECEIVE credit card payments. The suggestions I have made may not be the correct way to do this though.

Good luck :)

• 5 months later...