STILL NEED A PATCH FOR MY DISPATCH

jeanday

MAPI, SMTP, and default reply email checked. User name is grayed out, won't let me type it in even if I wanted to (but shouldn't matter anyway?) My virus software does not even scan outgoing email. My Outlook Express works fine sending without Scribe. (I have XP, OUTLOOK 2000, IE 7, ES 4.23)

When I keep trying different combinations of using Outlook and Outlook Express together or separately, one of two things happens:

1. When I click on ES dispatch, nothing at all happens but that dispatch box vibrates a little.

2. I will get the second "send" box but then the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client

cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Microsoft Outlook." Then when I click send, that box jumps back to

the original dispatch box. I tried putting Outlook in as my default email client. Could you tell me exactly where it is

that I put it in? I did choose it in the Internet/tools/options/programs place. Is there another place to put it? There's

one place where it says "make your default" but it's grayed out.

Does that mean I HAVE to use Microsoft Outlook instead of Express? I will if I have to. I also read on your site where there are problems sending with Outlook and that I could use Eudora or Outlook (*). What does that asterisk by Outlook refer to? I couldn't find the *. I think I already have Eudora, but should I download the latest version and if I do will that conflict with Outlook? It sounds like I'm not setting up my Outlook or Outlook Express or both correctly, and if I could just get any combination of outlook set up "for Scribe" .... Please, if you are kind enough to help me, if you could tell me which box (internet, express, outlook, dispatch etc.) to go to FIRST before I start clicking in case it is ambiguous. Thank you.