Sending voicemail message via email

rgander

Good day all. I've been EVERYWHERE trying to solve this problem. IVM is working fine but when the message has been recorded and we email it as an attachment, it does not get anywhere. "Unable to send message".

I've used SMTP, with and without exchange. I've used the "secret" meathod, "Username:Password:email@address"

Everything I try, including, Unfortunately the terrible support that we paid for, to get this emailing the voicemail to the reciever.

Have you guys found the same problem and if so, please, what is the fix ???

I'm a computer programmer, and general geek (30 year geek) so I kinda know whats going on, but this, without some "Intervention" is nagging at me and my customer.

Anybody with any Ideas, please ???

Many thanks to all.

Take care,

Rob

Good day all. I've been EVERYWHERE trying to solve this problem. IVM is working fine but when the message has been recorded and we email it as an attachment, it does not get anywhere. "Unable to send message".

I've used SMTP, with and without exchange. I've used the "secret" meathod, "Username:Password:email@address"

Everything I try, including, Unfortunately the terrible support that we paid for, to get this emailing the voicemail to the reciever.

Have you guys found the same problem and if so, please, what is the fix ???

I'm a computer programmer, and general geek (30 year geek) so I kinda know whats going on, but this, without some "Intervention" is nagging at me and my customer.

Anybody with any Ideas, please ???

Many thanks to all.

Take care,

Rob

Have you tried using a pop account?

if you can provide a remote session i would be glide to take a look sometimes two eyes are better then one.

Send me a PM

• 4 months later...

Having same problem.

Syntax in smpt.myisp.com and the help system shows me to add :username:password.

My username is username@domain.com. Without 'domain.com' it simply gets response that 'username or password not accepted'.

With 'domain.com' the reply is 'unable to connect to mail server 'domain.com:password''

So, the question is how to force something in the process to understand that username@domain.com is all part of the username, in IVM terms, or maybe rather in SMTP terms?

Any luck with such user names anyone?