Cannot load .DSS files

GBradley

Hi

I have downloaded Express Scribe successfully on my Windows XP/2000 laptop but it wont load .dss files. I know other people have had this problem and I tried Roadrunner's suggestion from Nov 07 but i dont think you can download old versions of Express Scribe anymore?

Has anyone resolved this problem with dss files? I have downloaded switch but that wont work either.

Thanks very much.

GBradley :unsure:

Hi

I have downloaded Express Scribe successfully on my Windows XP/2000 laptop but it wont load .dss files. I know other people have had this problem and I tried Roadrunner's suggestion from Nov 07 but i dont think you can download old versions of Express Scribe anymore?

Has anyone resolved this problem with dss files? I have downloaded switch but that wont work either.

Thanks very much.

hi...a lot of us indeed had this problem with ES. I personally have tried all the suggestions posted in the forum topics regarding this problem. I switched for awhile to another software and then about a month ago I've installed the ES version 4.05 and the necessary codec and it worked. I think you can dowload this older version somewhere here in the forum, in the ES 4.05 or something forum. Good luck hope it works for you too :)

hi...a lot of us indeed had this problem with ES. I personally have tried all the suggestions posted in the forum topics regarding this problem. I switched for awhile to another software and then about a month ago I've installed the ES version 4.05 and the necessary codec and it worked. I think you can dowload this older version somewhere here in the forum, in the ES 4.05 or something forum. Good luck hope it works for you too :)

Thanks very much for your help. I will try this as soon as i find version 4.05! I cant find it anywhere so i've posted a new topic.

G

Thanks very much for your help. I will try this as soon as i find version 4.05! I cant find it anywhere so i've posted a new topic.

G

Hi

Please can you tell me where you downloaded v4.05 from? I'm at my wits end, i thought i'd found it on google but its only for Mac. The downloads for windows don't work anymore.

thanks so much

G

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Please can you tell me where you downloaded v4.05 from? I'm at my wits end, i thought i'd found it on google but its only for Mac. The downloads for windows don't work anymore.

thanks so much

G

I had trouble playing .dss files on my E.S. 4.16. I downloaded th Switch Sound file Converter and converted the files to compatible MP3 files and then played them. Will this help? Ruth

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Thanks very much.

I don't know if you've managed to get your scribe working but my solution was to right click on the desktop icon for scribe and click on properties. On the tab for compatibility tick the box showing "Run this program in compatibility mode for ... and chose the Operating System which you are running". Hope this works for you, it worked for me.

Hi friends, i had similar problem with the exception of reinstalling windows xp and so express scribe and tried everything as per my knoweledge as

1. restarting computer (don't work)

2. reinstalling scribe (don't work)

3. reloading excribe exe and installing (don't work)

4. downloading dss32 (don't work)

5 downloading dssexe (don't work)

6. downloading transnet codec (don't work)

7. downloading rhetcodec (don't work)

8. tried compatibilty option (don't work)

Any idea and i had same problem with new windows xp pc

About a year ago, I put out a link to www.downloads.com for ExpressScribe v4.05 on this forum. I don't have time to search now, and can't promise it's still there, but try searching. NCH also made the version available about that time. I also vaguely remember NCH pointing out that because it's a proprietary format, not all versions can be converted in ES.

In that case, what you're stuck with is downloading Olympus DSS Player Lite, and playing the file while recording it. You can record it with ExpressScribe's Audio Cable Dock, which is very crude, or use something more sophisticated with editing capabilities, like NCH's WavPad editor.

KRN

Hi friends, i had similar problem with the exception of reinstalling windows xp and so express scribe and tried everything as per my knoweledge as

1. restarting computer (don't work)

2. reinstalling scribe (don't work)

3. reloading excribe exe and installing (don't work)

4. downloading dss32 (don't work)

5 downloading dssexe (don't work)

6. downloading transnet codec (don't work)

7. downloading rhetcodec (don't work)

8. tried compatibilty option (don't work)

Any idea and i had same problem with new windows xp pc

Try all the compatibility options from the right click on the desktop icon starting with Windows 95. It's a wildcard but it may work.

I sure appreciate everyone's help as I too was having the .dss problems that was being addressed in this string. I was successful in downloading 4.05 at the link provided above and the .dss files do now work. However, I've ran into a new problem with my laptop rebooting while transcribing. This happens when using Word 2003 and Express Scribe 4.05. There are no error message or blue screne just all of a sudden I end up with a black screen and my laptop starts its rebooting. There are even times that my laptop just shuts down. Is anyone else experiencing these issues and if so does anyone know what to do to solve this problem?

Thanks everyone!!