I see there’s an “Updated” version of Express Burn.

Sting

I’ve been checking daily to see if there’s a new, updated version of: “Express Burn”. Today, I see that there is. Hopefully it will correct the problems we’ve been having.

I just noticed something. I’m using version 4.08. When I look at the upgrade it reads:

Version 4.08

Windows Upgrade Release:

Fixed bug under Windows XP where it could crash with an access violation in asycfilt.dll fix

Uploaded 2008-03-26

Now I’m scratching my head. :( For starters, I downloaded the program in May after they supposedly uploaded the fix above. Maybe I’m wrong but if you’re using 4.08, I really don’t see anything that will correct our problems!!!

So far, so good. I have made five backup data DVDs, which seem fine when read on all computers in my household (though I have only done spot checks of file integrity -- at some point soon, I'll do a full recovery from one of the backup sets and the success of that operation will prove the pudding). In any case, 4.09 seems to be a lot more useful than 4.08 was. I'll post again with more news and views whenever it seems appropriate.

So far, so good. I have made five backup data DVDs, which seem fine when read on all computers in my household (though I have only done spot checks of file integrity -- at some point soon, I'll do a full recovery from one of the backup sets and the success of that operation will prove the pudding). In any case, 4.09 seems to be a lot more useful than 4.08 was. I'll post again with more news and views whenever it seems appropriate.

I’m glad to hear that version 4.09 has been working for you. On my side: “Nada”!!! Oh sure, I can burn a CD-R & CD-RW, but when it comes to DVD’s, “Geeeezzzzzz”: one headache after another.

I’ll insert a brand new blank DVD and it tells me: “The inserted Disk is not empty. To erase it, select the option: “Erase Rewritables if they are not blank” and try again. Then it takes a good 5 or 6 minutes to erase the Disk before it tells me, “The Disk has been successfully erased”.

So I’ll try again, and it’s the same thing all over. And it doesn’t matter if I select ISO+Joliet or UDF, there’s no change, so I uninstalled 4.09 and reinstalled 4.08. At least with 4.08, I can make a Data DVD with the UDF file system that plays on my PC. I can also make audio CD’s with no problem.