wave pad free version

Marjorie

I downloaded "Switch" with "Switch" I also chose wave pad. Now the free version has expired,but I was able to download the free version of wave pad V.3.05. With that, I have the ability to compress music files to a smaller size. I have a lot of options there, but when my friend downloaded the exact same thing, she doesn't have those options what is the difference and how can she get the same thing I have? We both downloaded the same thing I really confused.

I downloaded "Switch" with "Switch" I also chose wave pad. Now the free version has expired,but I was able to download the free version of wave pad V.3.05. With that, I have the ability to compress music files to a smaller size. I have a lot of options there, but when my friend downloaded the exact same thing, she doesn't have those options what is the difference and how can she get the same thing I have? We both downloaded the same thing I really confused.

==================================

What do you mean by "free"? Do you suppose that what _you_ mean by this word coincides with the meaning of this word "down under" in the land of Oz?

Just Wondering.......

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain down under.

I have a similar issue, where I download and install the "free" versions, but they eventually expire. At that point, they seem to think they are the full versions (i.e., Masters Edition for Wavepad). If I reinstall the software, it works again until an expiration date.

There are points when the software asks to install something on demand. I wonder if it is updating the software to the full versions at this point.

Anyway, it's annoying. Any ideas to stop the expirations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain down under.

He's always grumpy. Just the weariness of life dragging our ragged souls asunder.

Anyway, it's annoying. Any ideas to stop the expirations would be greatly appreciated.

Umm... let me see... like actually buying it maybe? (Cough. Sound of crickets chirping. More coughing.) :rolleyes:

Well, didn't expect sarcasm here, but I can take it. I was willing to buy it, I had my credit card on my desk and almost bought Switch. Till I realized that it didn't come with wave pad. When I went to Wave pad I couldn't tell if I would be getting the same thing as I had in the free version.

I can afford to buy it, I just don't want to buy something that is not like what I have now. The site is very very confusing and I had no idea what I was buying so I didn't buy it. This whole program stinks if you want my opinion. On the other hand I like the way wave pad compresses music files however so if there is another program out there that does this I would like to know about it.

Well, didn't expect sarcasm here, but I can take it. I was willing to buy it, I had my credit card on my desk and almost bought Switch. Till I realized that it didn't come with wave pad. When I went to Wave pad I couldn't tell if I would be getting the same thing as I had in the free version.

I can afford to buy it, I just don't want to buy something that is not like what I have now. The site is very very confusing and I had no idea what I was buying so I didn't buy it. This whole program stinks if you want my opinion. On the other hand I like the way wave pad compresses music files however so if there is another program out there that does this I would like to know about it.

=======================================================

Are you looking for a sound editor that does not "stink," but which also has the capability of compressing music files? If so, what is this business about a free version all about?

Or are you complaining because software which is advertised as "free" is really a chameleon, changing its color after two weeks? Has it occurred to you that, if the software were free _forever_, no one would buy it, and the company would quickly go out of business? It is advertising the chameleon as "free" which I find highly objectionable. Nevertheless, do not confuse a smelly chameleon with a stinking performance, which seems to be what you are doing.

I believe that you need to take a course in logical thinking, as a substitute for mindless ranting and raving.

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

You know, I thought this was a forum for HELP!!!! I didn't ask a question to be critisized. I am not looking for something FREE I explained that. I downloaded this FREE program knowing that it was only good for 30 days. I planned on buying it whether you think that or not I could care less. I don't need your insults here, I only asked a question to see if someone could answer why these programs were so different. If you are this miserable, why don't you go help someone in need, it will make you feel better. I would appreciate an answer from someone who generally wants to help and not from someone who has nothing better to do than to moan and groan.

• 1 month later...
You know, I thought this was a forum for HELP!!!! I didn't ask a question to be critisized. I am not looking for something FREE I explained that. I downloaded this FREE program knowing that it was only good for 30 days. I planned on buying it whether you think that or not I could care less. I don't need your insults here, I only asked a question to see if someone could answer why these programs were so different. If you are this miserable, why don't you go help someone in need, it will make you feel better. I would appreciate an answer from someone who generally wants to help and not from someone who has nothing better to do than to moan and groan.

" On the other hand I like the way wave pad compresses music files however so if there is another program out there that does this I would like to know about it."

nope,

that's why I like it too

I use the automatic gain control and the compression, it works pretty well.

as for why they are not clear about what product does what, and the mix n match thing.

I dunno, probably just marketing.

" On the other hand I like the way wave pad compresses music files however so if there is another program out there that does this I would like to know about it."

nope,

that's why I like it too

I use the automatic gain control and the compression, it works pretty well.

as for why they are not clear about what product does what, and the mix n match thing.

I dunno, probably just marketing.

=============================================================

Marjorie needs to learn this bit of ancient wisdom:

"It it were not for moaning and groaning, there would be no progress. Now read this again, Marjorie.

Secondly, in my opinion, NCH's pathetic marketing (to which I refer as "marketeering") is deliberately deceptive, designed to conceal the fact that what the user is getting for free, and claimed to be WavePad, does _not_ perform up to the operational standard of the software digital sound editor that is _sold_ to the unwary user as "WavePad". In my opinion, there is NO valid place in the selling of computer software for such deliberate deception. Simply attributing it to marketing and dismissing it with a shrug does not address the problem of eliminating this pervasive consumer abuse.

Musikone