Error in ISO Burn

fusion01

Demo'ing the trial software due to the fact that I dumped Nero - horrible bloated thing. Had no problem burning Audio CD's and Data DVD's... but today major issues with an ISO file... the disk was unusable afterwards. A few of the files could be read, but all of the others had errors and could not be opened. Odd. Basically, all files and folders were there so it was most misleading... pleased I did a check. Have you guys / girls thoroughly checked the ISO burning functionality of your software / this version? I do like it, hence the effort in typing all of this (or simply would have removed it and installed something else).

• 4 weeks later...
Demo'ing the trial software due to the fact that I dumped Nero - horrible bloated thing. Had no problem burning Audio CD's and Data DVD's... but today major issues with an ISO file... the disk was unusable afterwards. A few of the files could be read, but all of the others had errors and could not be opened. Odd. Basically, all files and folders were there so it was most misleading... pleased I did a check. Have you guys / girls thoroughly checked the ISO burning functionality of your software / this version? I do like it, hence the effort in typing all of this (or simply would have removed it and installed something else).

I have the same problem and I purchased "Express Burn Plus Video Edition". After I burn a Data DVD with ISO, it tells me "Burn was successful, you can now use the Disk". Well when I reinsert the DVD Disk to check the content, it's blank!!!

Like nothing was ever burned to it.

I have the same problem and I purchased "Express Burn Plus Video Edition". After I burn a Data DVD with ISO, it tells me "Burn was successful, you can now use the Disk". Well when I reinsert the DVD Disk to check the content, it's blank!!!

Like nothing was ever burned to it.

I have the same problem with data DVDs and also even with one of the data CD-ROMs I burned with Express Burn Plus (the other seems fine).

If you look at the surface of the discs in question, they definitely appear to have been recorded to a point appropriate for the amount of data I attempted to burn onto them. But when inserted in a DVD computer drive, despite the fact that Express Burn verified the contents after the respective burns and pronounced the discs "ready for use," they all show up as blank.

I read on another thread in this forum that a new version was coming along "maybe later this week" to address this and other problems. What I want to know is, given that the "blank" discs actually seem to have something written on them, is there any way that the new version can "unlock" those discs so that they can be read? Or are these discs simply wasted, and must I burn the data again?

I wasted a fair amount of time this week, attempting to recover data from a damaged HD, hoping to preserve what I could recover on DVD ROMs. Once I discovered that the "archives" were unreadable, I had to scramble to get an external HD to be able to proceed with the recovery. That was a heart-attack, I can tell you.

When the new version is released, and assuming it fixes the problem (whether or not discs "blank-burned" before then can be salvaged), could the engineers please explain what the problem was and what they did to fix it? Thanks.

Until the new version is out, is there a prior version we can install as a workaround, which works properly at least to burn CD-ROMs and DVD Roms that contain selected folders and files? The current buggy version is the only one I have, so given my recovery needs at the moment, I'm definitely up the creek without a paddle.