CD appears blank

Bag-O-Hammers

:huh: Burned some data to 3 CD,s with Express Burn and everything seemed fine. It even verified the burn!!!

The next day I checked the discs and they are blank! These were hard to find drivers and programs I had :(

Has anybody experienced this problem? I hope it,s fixable. Thanks ,Wally

• 4 weeks later...
:huh: Burned some data to 3 CD,s with Express Burn and everything seemed fine. It even verified the burn!!!

The next day I checked the discs and they are blank! These were hard to find drivers and programs I had :(

Looks like more then one of us has experienced the same problem. Has to be a "fix" somewhere. Maybe the Mods can help out.

Guest nchaj

There will be a new version of Burn out any day, it should fix any niggly little bugs like this one. Keep your eye out for it, we expect it in the next week or so. If it still causes issues let us know but it will be tested pretty extensively before release

There will be a new version of Burn out any day, it should fix any niggly little bugs like this one. Keep your eye out for it, we expect it in the next week or so. If it still causes issues let us know but it will be tested pretty extensively before release

That’s good to know, but I have a question. For those who have already purchased Burn Express, myself being one: “Burn Express Plus Video Edition”, do we just download the Newer Version, or will we be required to once again purchase it?

Guest nchaj

Your registration and activation code will work on any fix or new version of the software released within 3 months from the date of purchase. Your registration and activation code may work on any fix or new version of the software release within 12 months from the date of purchase unless the new version is a major version change. You will always be entitled to discounted upgrade pricing. Use www.nch.com.au/upgrade

I have the same problem .... what have you learned? I guess you reply to my user name chessy .... I see that Express Burn is coming up with an update to correct previous problems ... maybe that will work .... I have successfully burned a cd but only once.

chessy

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on how the new version is coming along? We are now entering at least the third week of waiting for a fix, and there are backups to be made!

In the meantime, I wanted to share another facet of this problem that I just encountered late last week. I tried to burn files to a DVD ROM using ISO+Joliet. In this case, the burning procedure did not apparently complete successfully -- I had to abort after many minutes of seemingly endless "finishing." But oddly enough, the resulting disc COULD be seen as containing data on the machine that created it at and least one other. I transferred the files on that disc to a different machine, and they appeared to be completely intact. I then tried the same experiment again with several other file sets. In each case, I had to stop the "finishing" process by hand, and there was no automatic verification of the copied files. But in each case, the disc I got did seem to be a readable copy of the source material.

To summarize, the two aspects of this problem seem to be as follows:

1. Disc burns, verifies, and is declared Successful by ExpressBurn, but then appears blank on the creating machine and any others into which it is inserted. There is evidence on the recording surface that material was indeed recorded there, but still the disc seems blank.

2. Disc burns to the point of "finishing," but the latter process seems to go on forever and must be stopped by hand, precluding automatic verification of contents, and preventing ExpressBurn from concluding that the disc creation was "successful." Still, the disc that is produced appears to have the expected content; moving the disc to a different machine and copying content to that HD seems to yield a successful transfer (copied files seem to contain all expected data).

I hope this can be of help to the engineers in diagnosing the problem and squashing the related bugs as quickly and completely as possible. Please post announcement of the availability of the fixed version on this board. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. I own a registered copy of v4.02 which goes through the motions of burning a disc, as per the initial post in this thread, and then there's nothing on it.

Also since installing Express Burn as part of a total NCH package (Swift Sound suite) I purchased a good while ago, it seems to have taken over my 2 Pioneer CD/DVD burners such that Windows now doesn't recognize a writeable disc when it's in either of them anymore.

Not happy, Jan.

Anybody got a resolution to this "ghost burning" problem yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchaj

I must say Support has been waiting just as eagerly as you folk for this.

Express Burn 4.12 has just been released and we hope that it has fixed some of the issues we have been seeing. Please download and give it a try, and let us know how you go

AJ

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the exact same problem. I own a registered copy of v4.02 which goes through the motions of burning a disc, as per the initial post in this thread, and then there's nothing on it.

Also since installing Express Burn as part of a total NCH package (Swift Sound suite) I purchased a good while ago, it seems to have taken over my 2 Pioneer CD/DVD burners such that Windows now doesn't recognize a writeable disc when it's in either of them anymore.

Not happy, Jan.

Anybody got a resolution to this "ghost burning" problem yet?

Exactly the same goes for me. Only registered 3 days ago so I expect to have the most recent update of Express Burn Plus

BTW: why does Express Burn ask me to create and save an ISO image on my HD?? What good is this?

Please help me out...