problem opening DSS files, 0:00 length

tjohn2

Hi all -

I recently reformatted my hard drive and had to reinstall ES. I installed my previuos version, 4.01. However, I'm having troubles opening .dss files now. When attempting to open, it appears that the file length is 0 seconds, even though I know it is much larger. I installed the dss codec and still no luck. Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of ES, and still the same problem. I then read about potentially being about to convert the files with IP Switch to resolve this issue. However, I downloaded IP Switch and it cannot convert the file (corrupted?).

The strange part is I then zipped the dss files and transfered them to my other computer, which then played the files with ES 4.01. Any ideas what I'm missing? Is there a setting to change?

Also, I did try installing the newest version of ES and still no luck. I then also installed a version of Olympus DS Lite Player, and it will not play dss files either. I KNOW these files aren't corrupt, as I am able to play them on another computer. In addition, I tried playing some of my old sound files and still will not play. Any ideas??

Hi all -

I recently reformatted my hard drive and had to reinstall ES. I installed my previuos version, 4.01. However, I'm having troubles opening .dss files now. When attempting to open, it appears that the file length is 0 seconds, even though I know it is much larger. I installed the dss codec and still no luck. Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of ES, and still the same problem. I then read about potentially being about to convert the files with IP Switch to resolve this issue. However, I downloaded IP Switch and it cannot convert the file (corrupted?).

The strange part is I then zipped the dss files and transfered them to my other computer, which then played the files with ES 4.01. Any ideas what I'm missing? Is there a setting to change?

Also, I did try installing the newest version of ES and still no luck. I then also installed a version of Olympus DS Lite Player, and it will not play dss files either. I KNOW these files aren't corrupt, as I am able to play them on another computer. In addition, I tried playing some of my old sound files and still will not play. Any ideas??

Yeah, get Gear Player. It can play dss files.