Need to cut out useless video

Tony Franco

I am totally new to videopad professional. I have a video in the top left (video files) section. There are two sections of the video I want to delete. Can someone give me a true beginners explanation of how to do this. I don't know the names of each section of the program. I need a totally step by step explanation. Things like inpoint outpoint timeline I don't understand. I rather read something like  drag the video to this spot, click on ? start here, end here, hit delete. 

I know this sounds silly, but I truely need an explanation like I was a 10 year old. I've read several of the explanations in this forum and just cannot follow it.

Your imported file is in the bin, which is the area at the top-left of the Videopad window.  Drag it to the timeline, if it doesn't appear there already.

Drag the red line to the start point of your first desired video and click the scissors icon or Split button.  image.png

Drag the red line to the end point of your first desired video and do another split.

Drag the red line to the start point of your second desired video and split.

Drag the red line to the end point of your second desired video and split.

Now each section is a separate clip - the ones that you want and those that you don't.

Click on a clip that you DON'T want.  It appears in the preview window.  Press the <del> key.  Repeat for each undesired clip.

What's left will be the two clips that you want.

If you make a mistake, press <ctrl-Z> to UNDO step-by-step.

This is but one way to accomplish the task, but perhaps the simplest.

I did all that and was able to cut out the video I don't want. I'm left with the original file on the top left, I guess that's the bin. The edited file is on the bottom. How do I save the edited file on the bottom. not sure how to save it.