OS X 10.5 Leopard and Express Scribe

Hi I'm looking at buying a new Mac with OS X 10.5 Leopard on it and I want to know if anyone knows if Express Scribe will work on that version. It's not stipulated on NCH's website so I thought I'd ask the forum. This site http://www.downloadpipe.com/audio_multimed...Mac-111021.html has OS X 10.5 listed as compatible with Express Scribe but I'm not sure if I should believe them or not. NCH can you help out here also?

I love my Mac!! :rolleyes:

I believe it works, although I personally haven't tested it yet. We'll see if anyone else has tried it, or perhaps simply bring a copy of the program into your Mac store and ask them to test it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a couple of issues (so far):

1) Can't save .dct files

2) Work progress shows no change in status

Everything else seems fine though. Will keep you posted if I find any more problems.

Simon

I believe it works, although I personally haven't tested it yet. We'll see if anyone else has tried it, or perhaps simply bring a copy of the program into your Mac store and ask them to test it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I was using express dictate with Tiger, no problem. Upgraded to Leopard and found that I can't save files. Anyone have a solution?

Parviz

Yes it works but it takes a bit of extra effort - what you do is type in Scribe's very low grade tablet then copy paste to Word doc. the main issue BTW with the 4.05 ver. is that you can't you keyboard shortcuts while at the same time working in a regular MS Word doc. the only way to activate shortcuts is by switching windows to the scribe window and THAT is a major big hassle. please can you fellows fix this.

thanks

Prof. K