mytel VoIP hangs up after 40 seconds

Chuckler

When I make an external call to Axon, it forwards to IVM. IVM records a message, but only for around 40 seconds. When I do it internally, it can record forever, or at least the 3 minute max length that IVM is set to record for. For this reason, I presume the problem is with Axon, not with IVM.

I have enabled the "Disable call activity polling (only use if call breaks after 60 seconds)" checkbox.

Can anyone suggest anything further?

What does IVM report in the status window when the call is dropped? Does it say whether it was a silence time-out for example, or just a regular hang-up. Are all calls dropped at ~40 seconds, or just the calls to the IVM voice mail? What if you send the caller to a 60 second OGM message for example, is the call dropped then, or only during voice mail recordings?

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. I believe it is with the time, not just during a call leaving a message. I have a 57 second greeting and it ends the call at 36 seconds every time. If I press a selection just before 36 seconds then it restarts the 36 s4ec count down and if I am not of phone by then it kills the call.

Looking for a solution.

ps. ivm reports disconnected call and this only happens with the sipura 3102 line. not the broadvoice line