Express Scribe Files Clogging up C-Drive

Hilary

When I have been using Express Scribe the application appears to create temporary files and save these on my C-drive. However, as the files are so big they are now clogging up and slowing down my laptop. But I don't know where in the laptop/application these files are being temporarily stored, so I am unable to delete these files or transfer them to another drive in order to free up space for my C drive to run more effectively. Is there a point in the application where I can change where these temporary files are stored?

Thanks

Hilary

Are these possibly the done files? How many done files do you have? If you press "done" when a file is done and do not delete it, the file is still stored in Express Scribe.

If you want to get rid of these, you have to recover them from old files, and then delete them. You can also set Express Scribe to delete them after they are in the done/old files for a certain numbers of days, 1-60 days after they are done.

This will delete the files permanently from Express Scribe but not permanently from your hard drive if you loaded them into Express Scribe off your hard drive somewhere else and not from an outside source.

A way around this it to just delete the files when you are done instead of pressing done, but then if you don't have them stored anywhere else, they are gone forever.

Hope this helps

Lori

When I have been using Express Scribe the application appears to create temporary files and save these on my C-drive. However, as the files are so big they are now clogging up and slowing down my laptop. But I don't know where in the laptop/application these files are being temporarily stored, so I am unable to delete these files or transfer them to another drive in order to free up space for my C drive to run more effectively. Is there a point in the application where I can change where these temporary files are stored?

Thanks

Hilary

Thanks

Hilary

The old files are saved in Local Settings, All Users, Application Data, NCH swift sound, Scribe, Done. You can delete all the files in that folder.

DG

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I can't find the "local settings" that you're talking about. Can you tell me exactly where you're finding that? Thanks!

The old files are saved in Local Settings, All Users, Application Data, NCH swift sound, Scribe, Done. You can delete all the files in that folder.

DG