How do I shift Express Scribe to a new computer?

mannotter

I bought the pro license and used it on a laptop. Now, I'm changing to a new computer. What are the steps that I need to take? Could I just leave the laptop one as it is and install the software in the new computer and use the old registration code, or do I need to uninstall the software in the laptop first?

I pretty much don't use any other features, just the play functions of the program. So no need to worry about audio files and whatnot. 

Edited by mannotter
Added more details for clarity

• mannotter changed the title to How do I shift Express Scribe to a new computer?

Hi @mannotter,

Before installing the software on another computer, uninstall it first from the old computer. After that, you can continue with the installation process on the new computer using the link for the software version covered by your license. At the end, you will need to enter your registration code.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, n1x1 said:

Hi @mannotter,

Before installing the software on another computer, uninstall it first from the old computer. After that, you can continue with the installation process on the new computer using the link for the software version covered by your license. At the end, you will need to enter your registration code.

Hi. thanks for answering my question! 

"Using the link for the software version covered by your license." I don't quite get what that means. I just downloaded the free version and bought the license and used the registration code. Is it the same thing or am I overthinking things?

Another query is would this process of changing between computers is endless, meaning I can just change between computers anytime and as many time as I want?

7 hours ago, mannotter said:

Hi. thanks for answering my question! 

"Using the link for the software version covered by your license." I don't quite get what that means. I just downloaded the free version and bought the license and used the registration code. Is it the same thing or am I overthinking things?

Another query is would this process of changing between computers is endless, meaning I can just change between computers anytime and as many time as I want?

Hi there @mannotter, if you have purchased a license for our software in 2016 or later, updates are free for up to six months from the registration date. If you do not wish to upgrade your license, you can use that perpetually. If you decide to upgrade to a newer version after the free six-month period, you will need to pay a fee (at a discounted rate if you have the old registration code from your initial purchase).

You can read more about this policy through this link <https://www.nch.com.au/support/reg.html> under "Problems When Activating/Registering".

Let us know if this addresses your concern. Keep in touch!