WMA Files

stylo

I use Express Scribe for dictation that comes to me with a DSS extension and they load automatically into ES. I am now received files with the extension WMA and they load straight into Windows Media Player for which I do not have a foot pedal. How do I make these files load into Express Scribe. Any suggestions would be very welcome as I am waiting to transcribe them and do not know how.

I use Express Scribe for dictation that comes to me with a DSS extension and they load automatically into ES. I am now received files with the extension WMA and they load straight into Windows Media Player for which I do not have a foot pedal. How do I make these files load into Express Scribe. Any suggestions would be very welcome as I am waiting to transcribe them and do not know how.

From in ExpressScribe, click the load button then locate the file you want to load using the Browse for Folder, select the file and click the load button, this will load the files for you.

From in ExpressScribe, click the load button then locate the file you want to load using the Browse for Folder, select the file and click the load button, this will load the files for you.

I have tried that but it did not seem to work but will try again. Normally with the DSS files I just double click on the attachment in the email and they download automatically.

I have tried that but it did not seem to work but will try again. Normally with the DSS files I just double click on the attachment in the email and they download automatically.

I am unable to make this work. Is it possible to make the footpedal control the dictation on Windows MEdia Player as that is where it opens automatically.

thank you NCHer. I have now managed to do it and have been able to complete the transcription. Not sure what I did the first time!

• 3 weeks later...
thank you NCHer. I have now managed to do it and have been able to complete the transcription. Not sure what I did the first time!

I have done this several times, but still can't get the .wam files to play in Express Scribe.

They load, but won't play with or without the foot pedals.

I have Win 98, is that the problem? If not, what can I do to get this to work.

I have files to transcribe and need to complete this soon.