Problems with loaded files

DeeWP

I've downloaded the new version of Express Scribe onto another PC. I've loaded two WMA files that have not only loaded as 23 minutes (should be 46 minutes) and 28 minutes (should be 57 minutes) but are also playing at double speed so you can't understand anything. I much preferred the old system I'm still using on my other PC ... what has happened?? How come I can't just load them and play them ... it was simplicity itself last time!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you installed the latest version 4.15? That resolved problems loading WMA and msv/dvf (Sony) files. Let us know if that worked. If not can you say what your OS is? Those two things... version and OS... are always useful to know to solve problems.

I've downloaded the new version of Express Scribe onto another PC. I've loaded two WMA files that have not only loaded as 23 minutes (should be 46 minutes) and 28 minutes (should be 57 minutes) but are also playing at double speed so you can't understand anything. I much preferred the old system I'm still using on my other PC ... what has happened?? How come I can't just load them and play them ... it was simplicity itself last time!!

I have loaded the newest version, but when I load .wma files, I can't get them to play. I can see them in the program, but they won't play. I had also attached the foot pedals. They work with the message that comes with the program, but won't work with the .wma files.

Is there something that I can do to get this program fixed? I need to be able to transcribe the .wma files real soon.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can you play the WMA files in Windows Media Player? Are you able to convert these files using Switch?

I am having the same problem. I have Vista and the latest version and was sent a codec link, uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It will play .vox files correctly. (very frustrating). <_<

If you have the same problem, would you mind answering the questions I have asked? We're here to try and help, but we can't do this until you provide some useful information about the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you play the WMA files in Windows Media Player? Are you able to convert these files using Switch?

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded the different versions of express scribe (4.05, 4.15, 4.16) and all of them can't open the wma files. I'm working at home and I asked the guy in the office who gave me the file that it's working fine on his end.

I've installed the wma.wav component and the sony player plugin v1.29.

I've tried converting using Switch and it says the specified source format could not be read.

I've tried to convert it using Wavepad and it says cannot open, possible that file does not exist, corrupt or file is protected with DRM.

I can open it on windows media player and winamp, and when I look at the license, it has no details. The audio codec says: Windows Media Audio V8 32 kbps, 44 kHz, mono.

The file name has this DS_***** (is this recorded on olympus?).

I downloaded a free DRM converter (converted it to mp3) and that's when I was only able to play it on express scribe.

The problem is, every once in a while, a voice keeps popping up saying I'm using a free version of the DRM converter. It's distracting and it's kinda hard to hear what I'm transcribing every time it pops up. :angry:

So, did I miss anything that I need to download, in order for the wma to work on my express scribe?

Can you right-click on the file in windows explorer -> click "Properties" -> if there is a License tab there, check that tab and see what it says. If there is no License tab, the file has no DRM.