Edited video has stuttering, color flashes - why does my mp4 look so bad after editing?

katmack7

I've been using VideoPad for many years so this isn't my first time. But lately, my edited files look horrible. My client records a video and uploads to Vimeo. I download and open in VideoPad to edit it. That usually just means lobbing off some at the beginning and some at the end. No other enhancements are made. But when I upload the video back to Vimeo (or play on my computer) the image will freeze, stutter and have colors flash on the screen. 

I'm guessing it has to do with what my Save File As settings are. I've tried several different ones and the issue still happens. 

I'm using the version 7.51. Windows 11

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• borate changed the title to Edited video has stuttering, color flashes - why does my mp4 look so bad after editing?

7.51 is dated, but if it has succeeded in the past there's little reason it shouldn't now.  Go to OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files, then load the project.  Have you recently upgraded the PC in any manner?

You might try the latest on a trial basis.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.

Someone here will be glad to check out your project if you share it.   The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.