Can't pick-up while they are leaving message

JayTB

I hate to have so many questions but...

I have tried everything in the directions to be able to answer as someone is leaving a message.

3 mail boxes;

Bonnie

Jeremiah

One OGM;

Default Answering Message

Default message:

Please leave a message after the tone and someone will get back to you.

Advanced settings

+ Press 1: Leave Message for Mailbox Bonnie.

+ Press 2: Leave Message for Mailbox Jeremiah.

+ Press #: Hangup.

+ Press *: MailBox Remote Access.2s.

> Leave Message for Mailbox Default

How do I answer while someone is leaving a message?

Well it depends on what kind of hardware you're using.

If you're just using a voice modem on an analogue line, if you pick up any of the phones on the line you will be able to communicate while the person is leaving a message.

Same thing goes if you're using Sipura 3000/3102 FXO Adapter, any analogue phones on the line can be answered

For VoIP lines though, I don't think this is possible. Unless you could find away to forward the call to an extension or join the call as if it was a conference call or something, then I can't see how it'd work.

If you're just using a voice modem on an analogue line, if you pick up any of the phones on the line you will be able to communicate while the person is leaving a message.

Same thing goes if you're using Sipura 3000/3102 FXO Adapter, any analogue phones on the line can be answered

For VoIP lines though, I don't think this is possible. Unless you could find away to forward the call to an extension or join the call as if it was a conference call or something, then I can't see how it'd work.

On this computer I am using;

Sipura PAP2T NA connected to an AOpen modem and an analog 3 line phone for a Broadvoice line.

One AOpen modem for a PSTN line to the 3 line analog phone

Skype through an AU-600 adapter to the 3 line analog phone.

I can only pick up on any of the lines when it is ringing, not after the IVM answers.

After more checking I found that you are correct about the VoIP lines vs the pstn lines.

I am running both lines through voice modems on that computer.

On the pstn I can pick up the call while IVM messages are playing or while the message is being left.

On the VoIP line I can only pick-up while the line is ringing, before IVM answers.

I need to find a way to fix this.

The problem with voip lines is each extension has an individual connection to the call manager vs an analogue line where all devices sit on the same line, so if one device answers on that line you can use another device on that line to monitor that active line.

Answering the call after it has already been forwarded is not possible with voip because each of the phones has their own virtual line sort of thing, and when a call is not answered the call is forwarded to a different line (not just answered like a modem), and from there IVM answers the call. The only way to have multiple voip phones on the same line would be to have a conference call, and I really don't know of anyway of getting IVM to conference call with another extension while its actually taking a message from someone.

The problem with voip lines is each extension has an individual connection to the call manager vs an analogue line where all devices sit on the same line, so if one device answers on that line you can use another device on that line to monitor that active line.

Answering the call after it has already been forwarded is not possible with voip because each of the phones has their own virtual line sort of thing, and when a call is not answered the call is forwarded to a different line (not just answered like a modem), and from there IVM answers the call. The only way to have multiple voip phones on the same line would be to have a conference call, and I really don't know of anyway of getting IVM to conference call with another extension while its actually taking a message from someone.

UPDATE

I am using 2 modems on this machine,

1 AOpen FM56-PX

1 Aopen FM56-SVV

The PX works fine, the SVV does not.

Problem solved.