VOB Files Audio Delay Problem

Russ Croucher

In working with a customer that has DVDs I have discovered an audio delay in the VOB file going always back to 11.20 version. So I was able to go all the way back to version 11.20, dated February 2022 up to the current version to show that there some type of audio delay. I have created several project files and put on the cloud link below  to help try to solve this problem.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqotVabQCqjPf0lQpIA?e=6mUkvt

I'm looking for help the possibly someone can come up with a workaround to help solve this customer's problem. The project file once is loaded actually position the cursor white where you can play the video and see a baby playing with the piano and you hear the sound several seconds later.

Help help help!

What I need help with a workaround to take the DVD stick it in the computer and drag-and-drop it to the media bin which will read all the VOB files in order. Then I take all those and drag them to the timeline to create a MP4 file. But somehow these VOB files have an audio delay which is causing issues with Videopad. I have verified that VLC does not have the problem.

I'll keep looking at it. I get a lot of flak about it because VLC can read it no problem. I understand. Yes it may be not standard borrow I do about the guy created these files 20 years ago. I cannot create an ISO image because "imgBurn" says it's a DVD-ROM and it cannot create an ISO image. Does your disk reader create images from these discs?

One thought is I could use VLC to create a 640x480 window and then use debut to copy the entire thing to creating a clean MP4 file with no delay. What you guys think?

Thanks for the input. That's when I'm going to do capture everything at 640x480 with debut send it to MP4 and then use Videopad for the rest like image stabilization.

-0-0-

My solution to the problem was to play the video with media player and then use Debut to do a screen capture. I do believe they're doing something unusually wrong in the format but I do want to retrieve what the customer recorded. Maybe there's an easy fix down the road but this works great.

I will say I've had many DVDs where I can just read the entire DVD with Videopad and create an MP4. This is the 1st time I had anytime of audio problem. But this is a good working solution except I cannot read the VOB files directly.