Project not loading after PC/Windows upgrade

cbreemer

Hi all,
I tried to log a support case for this but got this error

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://secure.nch.com.au/cgi-bin/c.exe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

so I will try it here.

Hi,
I've suddenly hit an enormously frustrating problem with VideoPad. I have a large project which will ultimately consist of 24 mp4 files and 24 wav files. I had it about 2/3 ready (some 16 files yet to be created) and then I switched to a new computer with a newer Windows version (Windows 11 rather than Windows 10). Installed the same version (10.64) of VideoPad on the new system, transfered all the files and then tried to load the project. Rather than loading fully, it went unresponsive, and hung up my system in such a way that I could not reboot or even use the power button, I had to disconnect the power cable to get it to shutdown. When I tried it again the project was seemingly loaded, but the video content of the mp4 files was not being shown (neither in the thumbnails and on the timeline). I won't be able to complete my project this way. Please advise ! If you need any more information, please let me know.
Regards,
Chris Breemer

EDIT--- Resubmitted the support request and now it worked 🙂

Try this release.  Even as an unregistered trial it should be fully featured for a short time.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If 10.64 is licensed, try a later release within the six-month from purchase free upgrade period.  Chose the 64-bit flavor.  Find those versions here.  Ignore any virus warnings.

Please report back on whether that version succeeded.

Thanks borate, that version is looking good ! Seems to load and run the project without any glitches. And it also fixes one of my biggest gripes, i.e. that the waveforms were so small especially from the audio tracks. I don't really want to try one of the older releases now. Seeing as I was lagging so far behind I guess I'd be better off upgrading my license to this version. For how long will this one be fully featured ?

That's the same version as the first link you posted !

Anyway, I'm mighty pleased the new version seems to fix the problem, and is better in at least one other way. The prospect of having to recreate the project and redoing all the editing work did not appeal to me at all. Thanks again 👍