Record Narration - Going Back

cbjroms

When recording narration I am a little confused as to how the controls work on the form. Despite Google searches I cannot find any explanation.

So the buttons are Start, Stop & Pause. In the case when I am doing 20 minutes of narration and make a mistake after 10 minutes, how do I go back to before the mistake and redo the incorrect bit and then carry-on through to the end of my 20 minutes?

If I stop, then Videopad creates a new file from the start point?

If I pause, does Videopad continue with the existing file when I press continue (ie Start button again)?

Can I drag the recording slider back before the error and just redo - will Videopad just create a single file again?

Garteful for some advice on this please.

2 hours ago, cbjroms said:

If I stop, then Videopad creates a new file from the start point?

If you STOP, and restart, VP will create a new file from the point at which you stopped.

2 hours ago, cbjroms said:

If I pause, does Videopad continue with the existing file when I press continue (ie Start button again)?

Yes.

Narration files are shown under the Audio tab.  If the recording is stopped, the clip may be automatically placed on the timeline.  If not, drag it there.  Then drag its right edge to the left to eliminate the unwanted portion.

To continue from that point, close the narration box.  Click in the timeline and use this button to place the cursor at the end of the existing clip...  clip_edge.jpg

The next new clip will begin at that point.  If it does not, drag it to the timeline.  To begin the new clip later, first position the cursor at that point.

Narration files on the timeline can be dragged and trimmed, and are also saved by default to the MUSIC folder on the PC.