Corrupt video, audio okay (Just M)

Just M

I have 13.61 - it worked fine yesterday and is intermittent today but I need it to work.

I have done everything I know... I only get audio - and a dark brownish screen where the video should be.

I'm almost computer "sub-literate" so don't know tech stuff. However, I have used the older versions of VideoPad (free versions) for years with no issues, now I go "wild" and buy the "professional" version and UG.

Luckily I have a very old V10.43 on my old computer and can use that for as long as that holds out.

Does anyone know if/how I could import that old version on my new windows 11 computer?

Any suggestions?

New topic, as this is a different issue.

You can install 10.43 on the new PC, but your project may not load if it was created with a newer VP version.  Ignore any virus warnings when downloading.

Is the "dark brownish screen" in the preview window, or only after export?

Please share the project so it can be analyzed.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Corrupt video, audio okay (Just M)

@Just M

VLC Media Player can convert unplayable video files to a playable format. This method works if videos are not playing due to incompatible codecs. Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Launch VLC Player.
Step 2: Go to Media and select Convert/ Save.
Step 3: Click on Add to insert videos that need to be transcoded.
Step 4: Click Convert/ Save.
Step 5: In the Convert window that appears, provide the file name and location against the Destination file option.
Step 6: Select the desired input codec from the Profile list.
Step 7: You can choose the Edit Selected Profile button to change a specified profile settings. You can also create a new profile or delete any existing profile.
Step 8: Next, click Start in the Convert window.