About upgrading to WavePad new version

Ricky Gai

WavePad Masters Edition v13.22

Hi,

Each time, after few months I came back, thinking to upgrade, I am facing difficulties and issues below.

1. I cannot cut-n-paste image directly to this forum, I have to manually create an image and save it under google share to get the link to share here which is very not user friendly.

2. If I installed latest version, and tested the new version is not worth to upgrade, I have to uninstall the new version then re-install back the old version, again is troublesome to users.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q60NaO-mNFRaStExmR2gV6xWefiKiS6m/view?usp=sharing

3. The version upgrade mostly maintenance, from version 13.22 to 17.88, take a look at HERE, all are Maintenance release merely. Does this means the upgrade version is just to fix bugs of the software and no new features ?

4. Please extend the upgrade version support to one year, and not six months if statement Wavepad upgrade version is means for fixing software problem and no new features.

Please advise.

Any release within the six-month purchase grace period will be licensed.  Get them here.  Ignore any virus warnings.

There's no mandate to upgrade and uninstalling isn't necessary;  just overinstall.

Maintenance releases may have internal improvements or slight differences in the UI and features.  You can always check out the latest, even if not licensed.  It should be full-featured for a trial period.  Download from the Wavepad home page.  Retain your registration.

hi borate,

Thanks for the feedback, yes I overinstalled the latest version to old one, if I let it be, when trial expiring, will it still function as v13.22 masters edition or v17.88 trial or free version ?

Eventually, as mentioned earlier, I uninstalled the new version and re-installed back the v13.22 instead.

I found the Wavepad is useful and occasionally I drop by to check the upgrade pricing, two days before I received upgrade offers about USD34, suddenly yesterday the upgrade price jumped to USD49 which I don't feel comfort to upgrade.

This is all I can comments to improve Wavepad.

Thank you.

Check in from time to time on pricing - offers come and go.

When the unlicensed trial expires, certain features may be disabled - likely similar to the free version - but the # won't change.

Just overinstall your registered copy, or any release within the grace period, and your license should be valid.

• 1 month later...

I cannot register with old serial key, and definitely new version overrides and stays as unregistered version. To generate sound files for commercial use, I have to uninstall new version and re-install the old version. That's the problem.

is ok, I understand my version exceeded six months already, in fact it is bought on July 2021. 

I just want to say, I have tried the latest version v17.75, I don't feel want to upgrade as it is not attractive enough to cause me pull out my wallet to pay, the UI interaction just too old, I have posted and submitted my suggestions to NCH developer improve today.

Have you ever experience how a customer wanted so hard to buy a product ? If you had, then you should know what I am trying to say otherwise, you may visit a software like Wondershare Filmora.

Thanks again.

hi n1x1,

Thanks for the feedback, I truely understand the upgrade process, and the real problem is the new version of WavePad is not so worth for me to upgrade, I will wait and test the next new version until it meets my requirements.

Who ever read this post, you may notice the only feedback from NCH support is to ask me to upgrade to new version and not focusing on the real problem.

Thank you.