Playback Control in WavePad for Windows v. 17.44 and later

MelbasVoice

In Wavepad Windows versions starting in May 2023 (v. 17.44 and on) I am having issues with playback control. The program will not playback from where I click on the timeline, but only from the beginning. If I select a region, it will sometimes playback from the beginning of the selection. But then when I click somewhere else on the timeline, it will only playback from either the last selected region start point or the beginning of the file again. My OS is Windows 11 and has been for almost a year, so I don't think it's a problem with that. No other program is having any problems. Just WavePad. I have consulted NCH tech support, but they have no answers and seem to think no one else has this problem. So I'm asking here.

Thanks!

Hi @MelbasVoice,

I tried to recreate the issue on my end using the same version, but the program was working as expected. I suggest you try to reinstall the software. Uninstall it completely from your computer  > restart your computer > install the software > enter your registration code. If this does not resolve the issue, you can contact NCH technical support requesting a different version and see if this helps.

I did those things at the advice of tech support. The issue persisted in 17+ versions. The tech sent me a link to an old version -- way back to 12.44. It's pretty solid and behaves as expected. So I guess that's where I'll stay. I do try updating to the latest version as it has fixes, but the same thing happens, so I always have to rollback to 12.44. I guess my computer just doesn't like late stage Wavepad...but for the life of me, I can't track down why. 

15 hours ago, MelbasVoice said:

I did those things at the advice of tech support. The issue persisted in 17+ versions. The tech sent me a link to an old version -- way back to 12.44. It's pretty solid and behaves as expected. So I guess that's where I'll stay. I do try updating to the latest version as it has fixes, but the same thing happens, so I always have to rollback to 12.44. I guess my computer just doesn't like late stage Wavepad...but for the life of me, I can't track down why. 

I'm sorry to hear that but in this case, please proceed with troubleshooting with tech support via direct email and go from there.