Tone Detection (VoIP)

alanalvarez

Hi, i have a system with Axon and IVM Answering Machine Attendant, all my calls are over VoIP Inbound and Outbound. My problem is that when i have an inbound call the IVM doesnt detect the DTMF tones that the caller presses and fail to do the transfer to the specified extension, caller id information is recieved correctly. If i call IVM internally (intranet) tones are detected and transfer are done perfectly.

Is this problem related to a router blocking some specific ports?. I have tested the setup in another company and tones are detected so i dont think it is related with the VoIP service provider.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Alab and Adam,

I'm having the same problem. I'm looking through the forum and finding a lot of unanswered help requests.

@NCH & Forum: Can we assume the most reliable way to use this software is through land lines? Or is there a preferred service provider?

Most of the voip service providers listed on the recommended providers page (http://www.nch.com.au/talk/sip.html) are compatible with all NCH software.

Other SIP services may or may not be compatible with IVM.

I currently use FreeDigits and Faktortel as my voip providers and I haven't had a problem (good quality, Caller ID works correctly, can receive DTMF tones, etc.) Note: for Faktortel I had to change the codec settings in their online control panel to get it functioning correctly.

• 4 weeks later...
Most of the voip service providers listed on the recommended providers page (spam://www.nch.com.au/talk/sip.html) are compatible with all NCH software.

Other SIP services may or may not be compatible with IVM.

I currently use FreeDigits and Faktortel as my voip providers and I haven't had a problem (good quality, Caller ID works correctly, can receive DTMF tones, etc.) Note: for Faktortel I had to change the codec settings in their online control panel to get it functioning correctly.

I am also having problems with IVM responding to DTMF using outbound call to SIP phone (FreeDigits as SIP). Has your sucess been with outbound calls?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto
I'd like to know if it works too? No point in spending time setting up a demo if it doesn't. Hopefully NCH support guys look at their forums from time to time.

We follow the recommended SIP standards for tone detection (which work with every SIP provider we have tested with). If your SIP provider isn't responding to DTMF tones then please get in contact with them.