Video has Audio Processing issue

Redfox

I'm trying to edit a video with audio attached, but Videopad keeps telling me "sound clips processing ... please wait." I can't hear anything, I can see the video just fine, and I can't export or convert the file because of the processing audio (which has been processing roughly 6 hours in all). I've had this problem before on an entirely different project and, as with last time, I have no idea what to do and it's quite debilitating, seeing as my only current option is to start from the beginning.

I purchased the Master Edition over a year ago, so I can't update my current version without paying for it.

I'm on version 12.05 Professional. I'm running Windows 11, Version 10.0.22621, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system.

If anyone could also let me know how to prevent this in the future, that would help. I've tried to prevent this by making multiple saves, clearing my cache often, and even cutting larger projects into smaller portions, but the problem seems to be with Videopad reading the video file, as the problem persists across all different saves of the project, my cache is clear, and cutting the project into 10 minute chunks didn't help at all.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, I''l provide what I can to streamline the process.

This oddity has been occasionally reported.  Launch Videopad with a right-click, then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, and see if that helps.

You can also temporarily update to the latest even without licensing.  It will be a full-featured app for the trial period, perhaps allowing completion of your project.

Certainly no need to start over.  Your VPJ saves are the protection.

Attempted both fixes, neither worked for the project in question, though updating to v 13.21 did seem to allow the original, un-edited version of the project to process. Unfortunately, the edited version sat for 8 hours while I slept without processing.

If it takes more than a minute or two it's hung.

Please share the edited project so it can be analyzed.  It's the best way to rectify a problem.  Takes just minutes, it's not difficult, and can be private.

Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Yes, the first step is necessary, which will back up all source files, along with the VPJ instruction file.  Normally takes less than a minute.

Uploading to the server will take time - dependent upon your hardware and net connection.

If it balks at step 1 - BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO A FOLDER - it's a hint that something may be amiss with the project.

Here's an alternative, if the source files are all in a single folder on the PC - which would be typical...

In that folder there should also be a VPJ file, if the project has been backed up.  (In Videopad, Menu | File | SAVE PROJECT FILE AS). image.png

Go to the PC folder containing these files and zip the folder.  Or select all the files in the folder (<ctrl-A>), right-click on any one of them and SEND TO | COMPRESSED (zipped) FOLDER.

Upload the resulting file with a .zip extension and share as instructed above.

How lengthy is the project and what is the format and resolution of the bulk of the files?

It's a bet that your server can't handle that 50GB.  Even if there's space, it could take 'forever.'   No doubt its size is the issue, in both VP and when compressing.

Not being able to see the file here, consider splitting the file into 5GB (or so) chunks, edit, then export each separately.  Later, assemble those exports.

Perhaps better still would be to reduce the resolution of the MKV to a more manageable state.  Depending upon your needs, huge files/very high definition may not be necessary.  This 'sticky' post, from the top of the forum, has tips on that.  A decent working resolution would be 1920x1080 HD.

Let us know how it goes.

No, don't concede that.

First of all, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

You might run the 50 gig file through a converter, like Prism, to reduce the resolution/file size.

Then open the project, right-click the 50GB file in the bin (top-left) and Replace File with the smaller one.  image.png

Prism also has options to split and compress, so some experimentation may be necessary.  Try an HD 720 or 1080 mp4.

Perhaps then you will be able to export in less than 24 hours.  In the future with huge files, consider breaking up the project and/or reducing resolution.

As I was attempting the suggested fix, the problem seemed to somehow resolve itself. After roughly 4 hours, the video file processed, and I was able to complete the project. I don't know what changed, but perhaps it was one of the prior fixes repaired something. Regardless, thank you for your help.

With of a file of that size, it's likely that it simply took that long.

In the future, quicker results may be had by employing the solutions mentioned above:  proxies, converting to reduced resolution, or perhaps splitting the project. 

Glad it worked out.