Sound Tap Does not recognize live stream outside of browser

tpgames

I got Sound Tap to record one song live, then it quit. When I upgraded last.fm, sound tap quit working. Now, it won't record last.fm, but will record other radio stations, as long as that stream is embedded in the browser. Record Pad, my friend got to work on last.fm, so he says. BUT, I get NO sound! So, I'm back to Sound Tap, the thing I actually bought. So, what can I do? Sound Tap only works with stations that are embedded in the web browser. Any radio that pops up and play thru Winamp, or WMP sound tap does not record. Thanks!

-signed miffed and very frustrated!

Plus, when one buys a product, tries it and gets it to work, why should one have to PURCHACE support? A product should work fine all the time! Sound Tap is just too unstable. Record Tap is just too silent and does not produce sound at all. Record Tap I would never buy! Or maybe the issue is with me, nothing works for ME! Everything only works for Other People!

Another issue is it NEVER tells you that the streaming stopped until AFTER the song is over, nevermind that it actually stopped 1 minute in. I am now attempting to record an online, embedded stream. The last stream was embedded, but was hosted at another site and embedded into my site. Thus, I wasn't really expecting that one to work. IF the fix these bugs with sound tap, I will upgrade. I'm paying for it anyways. However, I am sorely tempted to try the German Radio recorder to see if there's work's better for the same $20.

Hi tpgames,

SoundTap will record *any* sound which can be played on your computer. The issue you are experiencing is most likely to do with the order in which you are starting your applications.

Shutdown everything first and then start SoundTap. Then start your audio application and start the stream. SoundTap should record fine. If not, then there is a problem with the set up of your sound devices. This can be fixed and is explained in the help files.

If you still have problems then write back and let me know and I will help you get it working.

Regards,

BJW

I've done that - started them in the correct order. I usually start firefox, then shut it down (because I've remembered that I wanted to record after I've started opening the browser). After firefox closes, I start soundtap. I found that freecorder works better with last.fm, My Friend had to reinstall last.fm then reboot his computer. After that, when he started soundtap first and then last.fm it worked. I found this out today.

I've not tried Soundtap with last.fm since I've reinstalled last.fm today. I've had a driver issue today where all the audio related drivers, including the chip set had to be reinstalled. The drivers going bad might have been the problem, which is why the reinstallation of last.fm didn't work.

Thanks! I'll consider this case closed. I'll use SoundTap for the radio streams and freecorder for the other applications.

• 2 months later...
I've done that - started them in the correct order. I usually start firefox, then shut it down (because I've remembered that I wanted to record after I've started opening the browser). After firefox closes, I start soundtap. I found that freecorder works better with last.fm, My Friend had to reinstall last.fm then reboot his computer. After that, when he started soundtap first and then last.fm it worked. I found this out today.

I've not tried Soundtap with last.fm since I've reinstalled last.fm today. I've had a driver issue today where all the audio related drivers, including the chip set had to be reinstalled. The drivers going bad might have been the problem, which is why the reinstallation of last.fm didn't work.

Thanks! I'll consider this case closed. I'll use SoundTap for the radio streams and freecorder for the other applications.

Hi, tpgames,

I am also fairly new to soundTap, but am prretty familiar with the rest of Win XP. I use SoundTap with RealPlayer and have no problems recording from anything - CDs, LPs (thru an iMic USB digitizer), and online radio streams. I have captured as much as 6 hours continuous with no problems (except for some VERY lengthy editing to remove all the individual songs and name them + add the artist).

I seem to remember when I first was thinking to buy soundTap that I saw somewhere on NCH's website that it mentioned "working with ....RealPlayer..) along with others. Since that is what I use for default anyway, no problems.

My system crashed out on me a couple of weeks ago and I had to do a 'repair' reinstallation, which cause me to lose some drivers. After this SoundTap wouldn't save the recordings right. But another forum entry had the same problem and NCH advised him to download and install an MP3 codec, which I did, and that fixed me up.

I would suggest you try to Use RealPlayer as your default multimedia player on your PC. It has some nice spacey/psychedelic 'visualizations', too.

Hope everything works out okay, nothing more frustrating to find the progrma that is exactly what you want and not have it work right. But SoundTap seems to be pretty stable to me (I found it on a 'Best Shareware/Reeware' newsletter I get every month.