Saved mp4 not visable when playing

Alan Hodkinson

I've been using VideoPad for some little time now, Saving a clip to mp4 never did work so always saved them as a wmv, they worked fine, am happy with that. I've now purchased and registered VideoPad and I thought that might sort the mp4 problem out, but still the same, When you click on the saved clip it comes up on screen, there is Audio but no picture. Thank you if you can help me, it's bugging me.

Install this version.  What are your export settings?

If the problem persists, please share the project for analysis.  It takes only a minute, can be private and isn't difficult.  Just follow these steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

borate, I've opened my Google account, and it's all new to me and I can't sort out sending you the Link at the moment, I'm a bit busy. I have found a way to convert the unseeable mp4 clip to a seeable one, so for the time being I'll stay as I am, thank you so much for your interest in helping me

Alan

This may be a different issue than Alan's, but he hasn't yet supplied a file.  When you refer to "saving" the file, are you exporting it?

Let's see your mp4, and we'll get to the bottom of this.  Sharing is easy and takes but a few minutes.  Just follow this instruction...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Borate and Mary Kay Glunt, I've found the answer to my mp4 problem, I went to the export file setting, I clicked on "default quality", it opens the encoding settings, Video Compressor was reading H264, I changed it to MPEG4, clicked save,  Now every thing is working fine.

Hope this helps folks

Alan

The top picture was how it was when I opened it, I clicked on the list and chose the MPEG4, clicked the OK, and everything worked fine after that, it certainly cured my problem.

Perhaps Mary Kay could try the same ?

Don't know what happened there, the pictures haven't come up. But I've got mine sorted anyway

Alan