Lock onto selected area, pixelate, and have pixelation follow that area (???)

Rick Wicker

Hi folks!

I would like to select an object in my video, pixelate that area, and have the pixelation follow that selection around the screen.  Example:  I may film a raccoon outside my patio door, where my motorcycle is parked.  I may zoom in and out, and follow the raccoon all over the patio.  I want to blur out my license plate on the motorcycle, and keep it blurred as it appears to move all over the screen.  Does anyone know if this can be done?  And how?  Or can it be made to happen with future versions?  

Thanks for any advice,

Rick Wicker

Animate the CENSOR effect...   image.png

To begin, size the pixel grid and place it over the subject.  Click the small green + sign above the grid to set the first keyframe.

Advance the cursor to where the subject just moves out of the grid.

Reposition the grid over the subject.  (It can also be resized.)  That automatically sets the second keyframe, and so forth.

If you make a mistake press <ctrl-Z> (or EDIT | UNDO) to backtrack step-by-step.

For more on animating, see... http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win64bitpaid/effects_animating.html

Wow!  What you just did is exactly what I was talking about.  That screen you showed is new to me, but I'll find it.  It looks pretty complicated with the curves and points. I hope I can figure it out.  Thanks so much!   (I guess what you're telling me however, is that I'll have to go through the video frame by frame with this tool?)

Thanks again!

Rick

Not too complicated.  A keyframe is plotted with each move.  After the first one is entered with the green + sign, each succeeding grid move plots a new keyframe.  Click this button if the grid isn't shown...  grid.jpg Use the mouse to drag/size the grid in the preview window.

Check out that help file linked above.

For protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.