Closing gap with moving all clips in the timeline

Annalena

Hey guys,

hopefully somebody can help me. I have a nearly finished video with some tracklines full of different clips, text and audio. Now I want to remove one small clip in the middle. If I close the gap only the clips in track 1 move but the ones from the other tracks not. So afterwards the textclips will not fit with the videoclips anymore.

What do I need to do that the whole rest of all clips, text and audio will move by the same way while closing the gap? I tried to group them (clips and text from both tracks), but it didn`t work 😞

And question in between: How can I mark ALL clips together without touching each one individually? Cause this is hard work if the video is longer... By clicking left (with shift or crlt) and mark them I can`t choose the option "group all" when I click right.

Can somebody teach me what I need to do that it works?

Thanks a lot,

Annalena

Mark all clips = CTRL + A . If you right click on a clip, you can now group all clips ("group selected clips").

To close the gap (for all tracks), you can right-click into the gap and select "close gap in sequence" (see the difference to the other option "close gap in track").

I hope this helps 🙂

• borate changed the title to Closing gap with moving all clips in the timeline

And, to select a range of clips, left-click the first, hold down <shift> and left-click the last.

One a number of clips are grouped via that right-click choice, movement or deletion of one will do the same to all.  For your protection...

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Thank you so much, you're the best!! 🥳

Especially the hint with clicking the first and the last to select a range of clips made the difference. Before I didn`t just click each (first and last) separately but clicking left and kind of  "drawing a line over all clips - which marks them but I couldn´t do anything afterwards with it.

In my case it`s not >ctrl< but holding down the >shift< button. And it works, hurray!! And closing the gap subsequent works as well.

Thanks a lot @Dangerfreak and @borate